Chapter 54

"How do I look?" Ayla asked, turning towards Hunter as he walked into her room.

"Beautiful" Hunter pecked her forehead and she giggled.

"You really are" Stephanie agreed as she look at Ayla with pure admiration. She loved how Ayla looked at the moment.

"Thanks, Steph" Ayla smiled, giving Stephanie a quick hug before turning back to the mirror. It was her prom today. Stephanie helped her pick the dress and do her hair. As usual, Ayla was with zero make up. Ayla was wearing the off-the-shoulder light blue ballgown that Stephanie got for her on her birthday. She matched it with the tiara that Kid got her and the necklace that Hunter gave with a matching pair of earrings. Her hair was braided on one side and tied into a messy low bun with her bangs hanging on the sides, tiny flowers perched up here and there.

 Her hair was braided on one side and tied into a messy low bun with her bangs hanging on the sides, tiny flowers perched up here and there

(The dress is something like this except that it's not too puffy)

"And now, for the final touch" Hunter said, grabbing the prom gloves of the same color and handed to her. She wore them and gave the two a little twirl as they two watched her in amusement.

"Perfect, sweetheart" Stephanie hugged Ayla. She was satisfied with her job. "Gosh, my little girl is all grown up" Stephanie said, tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

Ayla looked up at Stephanie with a wide smile. She liked what Stephanie just said. My little girl.... She finds it so...special.

"I better go check on Cam and see if he's done with his suit" Hunter said as he excused himself out. He knew Stephanie was getting emotional and for some reason, so was he.

"Have fun over there, alright? But not too much fun. If anyone messes with you, just give us a call and Hunter would beat them up for you, okay?" Stephanie said and Ayla chuckled.

"Gosh, Steph. Relax, I'm going to a prom. Not a club or something. Relax" Ayla said, wiping off Stephanie's tears off her cheeks. "And I'll be surrounded by Cameron and Gage and Cassy. They'll take care of me"

"Plus, I can take care of them myself if anything happens" Ayla said, showing off her muscles that hid under her dress sleeve.

"Of course" Stephanie chuckled, almost forgetting how much this little girl is capable of. "Come on, let's get you outside"

They descended the stairs. Ayla saw Cameron was already downstairs with Hunter tucking Cameron's tie into his blue tuxedo. The boys turned around as they watched the girls descend the stairs, both men staring at Ayla in awe.

Ayla couldn't take her eyes off Cameron. He was stunning in that suit! He looked like a prince charming especially with that perfect fit cut tux and pants, his long blonde hair that went just below his shoulders enhanced his charm.

Neither could Cameron take his eyes off. He hadn't realized that he was staring at her until he heard Stephanie's giggle. He smiled as he looked at Ayla and took her hand in his as she came towards him.