Chapter 38

Ayla got dressed for school. It was the last day of school. Thankfully, she would not have to live a tiring life anymore. She could fully focus on her career in WWE after this. That too if Hunter was still willing to offer her. The thought of Hunter just ruined her mood. She quickly snapped out of it and checked herself for one last time on the mirror. Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she hooked her bag on one side of her shoulder before going out of the room.

She knocked on Hayley's room and the door swung open to reveal Cheyenne.

"Hey Aunt Ayla"

"Hey, Cheyenne. Where's Hayley?" Ayla asked.

"Mom is doing her hair" Cheyenne said, twirling her own hair.

Ayla smiled.

"I'll be there in a minute, Ayla" Hayley said from inside the room.

"Okay" Ayla said. She ruffled Cheyenne's hair and made her way downstairs.

"Hey, kiddo. Ready for school?" Shawn greeted her as he came through the front door, holding a yoga mat.

"Hey, yeah. Hayley is still getting ready" Ayla said.

"Come on, Steph has made breakfast" Shawn said.

Stephanie came from the kitchen. "Hey, girl" Stephanie greeted.

Ayla gave a small smile. "Hey"

Stephanie put an arm around her. "Hey, listen. About last night, uh...."

"It's okay, Steph. It wasn't your fault. I understand why you acted that way" Ayla gave a weak smile.

Steph nodded, rubbing the side of Ayla's arm. "Thank you" was all Stephanie could say. She was amazed at how matured the girl in her arms was for her age. She wish she had the maturity Ayla has.

Shawn smiled. "Come on. My tummy needs to be filled" Shawn rubbed his tummy.

Ayla chuckled and they all made their way to the dining hall.

Few minutes later, Cheyenne came running towards them. "Daddy!"

"Hey, baby. Hungry?" Shawn helped his daughter to sit on the chair beside him.

Cheyenne nodded. "Pancakes?" She squealed as she eyed the food.

"Oh yeah, sweetheart. Your Aunt Steph made it all for you" Shawn nuzzled his nose on to Cheyenne's nose, making her giggle.

"Daddy! Your beard pokes" Cheyenne whined, making the others to laugh.

"Hey dad, Aunt Steph, Ayla" Cameron walked in with Rebecca and Hayley.

"Hey guys. You're just in time. Food is still hot" Stephanie said as she served each and everyone. She simply loves it when people eats the food she made. It was an indescribable feeling, but one thing about it was that it made her feel complete.

As they were gonna start eating, Hunter walked in and the place fell into awkward silence. Ayla's facial expression dropped sour in a matter of seconds. So did Hayley's. Ayla didn't even want to look at him, she continued to chew on her food, her full focus was on the delicious plate of pancakes.

Hunter took a seat across Ayla, between Shawn and Stephanie. Stephanie served Hunter and Hunter started to munch on his food.

Everyone ate in silence until Stephanie spoke up.

"So, since its the last day of school for the two of you, how would you wanna spend time after school? You girls got any plans?" Stephanie asked.

"Oh, uh, no. We haven't got any plans" Hayley answered and the place was silent again.