Chapter 35

"In a minute" Ayla yelled as she jogged towards the door. The doorbell was ringing without a stop. She adjusted her hair into a messy bun while making her way to the door. Jeez, who could it be so early in the morning?

She opened the door to reveal the faces that she'd missed for so long. The face that she hadn't seen in almost 2 years. 

"Hunter!" Ayla squealed with a broad smile on her face, extending her arms up.

"Not now, Ayla" Hunter had his stone cold serious face, pushing her hands away before making his way in along with Taker, Shawn and Stephanie.

Ayla's smile dropped at that. She was confused at why Hunter was so mad. She closed the door after they were all in and followed behind them.

Hayley came running downstairs a few seconds later. She paused when she saw all the serious faces on her guests. She signaled Ayla and Ayla lifted her shoulders up, indicating she has no idea as well.

"Good, you two are here" Shawn said in the most serious voice Ayla's ever heard. For the first time ever, Ayla's heard Shawn be so serious.

"What do you two think you're doing?" Stephanie asked.

Ayla was clueless. So was Hayley. What were they talking about?

"What do you mean?" Ayla asked.

"Don't play dumb, Ayla. You know exactly what we are talking about" Shawn crossed his arms.

Ayla looked at Hayley then back to Shawn. "No, sorry. I.... I really don't know"

Stephanie sighed. "About you two going to work?"

Ayla felt her heart almost stopped beating for a moment. How'd they know? She looked at Taker who gave her an apologetic look. Ayla sighed as she understood that look. Why Taker, why?

"Oh, that uh-"

"Yes that! What do you girls think you two are doing huh? If you girls needed money, you girls could have come to me!" Hunter exploded.

Ayla gulped. "I'm sorry, Hunter. I-"

"Don't sorry Hunter me! I gave you two pocket money already. Why do you girls have to go to work some more?" Hunter yelled, even Stephanie was a little startled by his voice.

Ayla and Hayley hung their head low. 

"Hunter, Hunter, calm down. Let me handle this" Stephanie said and Hunter growled, throwing his hands up in the air. Stephanie sighed. 

"Girls, what did you two do with the money?" Stephanie asked and Hunter groaned.

"Steph, it isn't about the money, now" Hunter groaned.

"Hunter, let me handle. I know what I'm doing" Stephanie said. 

Ayla signaled at Hayley and she nodded. Hayley opened a drawer and took out a bag and head back towards them.

"Here" Hayley said as she handed Stephanie the money. 

Stephanie took it and opened the bag. Her eyes widen when she saw all the money. "You guys didn't even use it?" Stephanie asked, her eyes were hurt.

Ayla suddenly felt bad for Stephanie. The two girls shook their head.

 Hunter's eyebrows furrowed. "You didn't use it?" He asked, a little calmer but still the strict one Ayla always fears of.

"No. Look, we didn't want to burden you guys anymore. You've already given us a house, free education, free training with the top best wrestlers in the world" Ayla said.