Story 17--Hair troubles

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(Y/BFF/N): Your Best Friend's name

"Aunt Cass! No!!!"

Hiro's screaming echoed throughout the small apartment above the Lucky Cat Cafe one evening as his aunt came up to his bedroom with a pair of shears in her hand while he was working on his megabot.

"Hiro, really, you think that your mop of hair is going to impress people anymore?" Aunt Cass asked in exasperation. "Look at it! It's been such a bother for you the past few days! I can tell the way you kept blowing it out of your face that it's clearly bothering you."

"But I like it!' Hiro protested.

"Nope, nope, nope," Aunt Cass shook her head. "We're going to get it cut. Right now."

Hiro groaned. "Please Aunt Cass..."

But Aunt Cass pretended not to hear him as she lifted the shears and began to trim his bed of hair now, the sound of blade cutting through hair entering Hiro's mind like a curse. He hated the sound of it now, wishing that it would be over soon, but the sound just continued until much much later.

"There!" Aunt Cass finally said, half an hour later, as she set the shears down and wrapped up all the cut hair in a plastic wrap. "Now at least your hair won't be much of a bother to you."

She left the room and then Hiro caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. When he saw what was reflected back at him, he stared in terror, screaming internally. No, Aunt Cass didn't completely shave his head, but there was hardly enough hair left to even create a mop of it anymore. In fact, it was still longer than Tadashi's hair but he hated it. He hated looking at the fine crop of it poking out of his head like grass.

"Well, guess who'll be humiliated tomorrow," Hiro muttered, picking up his megabot and getting straight to work.

***********************

"(Y/BFF/N), are you serious?!"

That same evening your friend came over to your place just for a brief hangout. Somehow your conversation with her turned into a game of truth or dare, and your dares weren't as bad at first before she brought this dare up, which was for you to wear your hair in the style she would put it in for the next 24 hours.

You started to protest against your friend's decision of restyling your hair. To be all honest, you loved your long flowing mane of hair streaming behind you, making you feel like Rapunzel minus the healing power. But who knows what your friend would do to you. You knew her so well to realize just how horrible of a hair stylist she is, and for all you knew she could probably mess your hair up to the point where you weren't even the definition of "elegant" anymore.

"You asked for the dare, (Y/N)," your best friend (Y/BFF/N) simply shrugged. "Now you have to perform it. Don't make things harder for me."

You groaned and gave in. "Okay. Do whatever you could."

(Y/BFF/N) squealed as she picked up the hairbrush next to her, and began to brush your hair out, styling it until you ended up with a half-up, half-down bun on top of your head, with a badly tied ponytail at the back of your head and three braids trailing from the ponytail.

"What the hell is this, (Y/BFF/N)?!" you demanded, attempting to tug your hair out of your new hairstyle, but (Y/BFF/N) held your hair in place.

"Uh uh uh, (Y/N)!" she cried. "Remember, 24 hours!"

Then she looked at the clock. "Oh man, is that the time already? I have to go! I've got curfew in 10 minutes!" She quickly packed her bags and waved to you in farewell. "See you later, (Y/N)! And don't even think about returning your hair to its former style. I will be watching."