Story 43--Love, Hate, Love again

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(A.n. Again, here, you are Tadashi's age...and here we go again with the feels. And this is inspired by one of talle2014 's one-shots, "Understanding". So yeah, if you don't mind being older than Hiro again, read on.)

*****Flashback*****

"Amazing job, Hiro!"

A beautiful night sky beckoned to you and your friends as Hiro held up his white SFIT acceptance letter in his hand, proud smiles decked on everyone's faces. The feeling was absolutely contagious. You couldn't help but share the pride with the young prodigy, your friends from SFIT, and even Hiro's crazy aunt, Aunt Cass.

"Alright kiddos, let's speed those hungry brains back to the Café," Aunt Cass suggested as she ran forward, hopping and skipping ahead. "Dinner is on me!" she added.

"YEAH! Nothing is better than free food!" Fred cried as he, Honey Lemon, Gogo, and Wasabi headed out. "Unless it's moldy!"

You hung back as you gave Hiro one more big hug. "I'm so happy for you, Hiro!" you cried, for what felt like the millionth time. "That is honestly amazing. I can't wait to see what else you can do." Then, without thinking, you threw your arms around Tadashi as well--which took both of you aback, but which Tadashi took graciously as he wrapped his arms around you in return.

"Hey (Y/N), you coming with us?" Aunt Cass asked.

You cleared your throat as you let go of Tadashi. "Um, sorry, Aunt Cass. I promised my mom I'd be home early. I apparently have a lot of stuff to do...stuff that my mom wants me to do."

"Alright then!" Aunt Cass chirped. Even if you turned down her offer, she was still bright and bubbly as ever over her nephew's success. "That's alright."

"And, um, Aunt Cass?" Tadashi piped up. "We'll...we'll catch up, okay?" he said, gesturing to Hiro.

"Sure," Aunt Cass nodded. Then she started jumping around again. "I'm so proud of you!" she said, giving both Hiro and Tadashi an enthusiastic hug. "Both of you!"

"Thanks," Hiro and Tadashi thanked their aunt.

Your heart hammered as you gave Hiro one more ruffle in the hair, then turned to Tadashi. Admittedly your crush on him was long overdue. Every time you saw him, you felt like spilling every secret with him--which you did--but admitting that you had a crush on him to his face scared you. The timing just wasn't right. And to even think about it was...stressful, to you.

"You okay, (Y/N)?" Tadashi asked you.

You nodded. "Yeah. Nothing to worry about. So, um, I'll, uh, see you tomorrow?"

Tadashi nodded. "Yeah. We'll all celebrate together then."

You gave Tadashi one last hug, burying your head into his chest for a while, before you let go, giving Tadashi and Hiro one final wave before heading out of SFIT, walking along the familiar path to home.

Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow when you see them you'd have the guts to tell Tadashi that he was pretty much always on your mind...but what if he didn't take it lightly? What if he didn't like you back? He will, you chided yourself. How could he not, you know, like you back, judging on how he acted?

You decided to give your mom a call, pushing down all doubts, calming yourself down with deep breaths as the line connected.

"Hello, (Y/N)!" your mom called, and you smiled at the sound of her voice.