Story 68--Wrongfully "Accused"

This I think would be a super short one-shot that I thought of as I was sitting with my family in a restaurant just not too long ago. I don't know what made me think of it to be honest...anyway, I am just hoping and praying that I didn't leave you guys waiting for too long. And I hope this doesn't suck.

Fun Fact: I was thinking along the lines of one episode of Miraculous Ladybug while I wrote this.

(F/P) = Favourite Pastry

(F/C/D) = Favourite Cold Drink

"(Y/N)! Ah, our usual customer!"

The sound of Aunt Cass's cheerful voice made you smile as you entered the Lucky Cat Café on a bright summer day. You thought that it would be nice to visit while you were simply taking a stroll around the city, just to clear your mind from stress and school work for a moment, and to be in the Lucky Cat Café was just like being at home. A second home, shall we say.

"Hey Aunt Cass," you greeted her. "Wow, not a lot of people today."

"I know! But I suppose it's normal. What with vacations and all, I guess." Aunt Cass let out a giggle, and you laughed along as well. "Anyway, so it's the usual today?"

"You bet," you agreed. Of course, Aunt Cass would remember your usual--just a (F/P) and a (F/C/D) was all that you ever desired, and within a space of half a minute, the requested food and drink were ready.

"Thank you," you smiled as you took the items from her.

"No problem! And it's on the house," Aunt Cass replied with a smile as she tended to some other customers.

Happily, you skipped over to one of your favourite places in the Café to eat--a couple of high seats by the windows where you would like to watch the streets and everything that goes by outside. As you took a seat, setting your food on the table in front of you, you suddenly heard a loud cough from behind you and you turned, surprised to see a trio of three blonde girls holding designer purses, their iced cappuccinos--probably another of Aunt Cass's specialties--in hand.

"Yes?" you asked. "May I help you?"

One of the girls--taller than the rest, with her blonde hair tied in a ponytail--swept her perfectly manicured hand at you and nodded. "Mhmm, dearie. You're sitting in our usual spot at the Café. I ask that you move."

To this, you gawked. "I beg your pardon. Your seat?"

"Mhmm." The same girl laughed airily, making the hairs on your neck rise against your will. "See, darling, we've been sitting here for, like, forever, since we found out about this Café. We always hang out here, mind you. And look at you right now, sitting in our seats! Rather, you're just plopping yourself there without our permission. Since you're probably alone in your little one-person group, why don't you find another seat?"

"Gina, let's just find another seat," another one of the girls whispered loudly, tugging at the first blonde's wrist. But the first girl, Gina, snatched her hand away.

"No!" she cried. "And don't you dare touch me!" She then whirled back towards you, her blonde hair flying. "I demand that you get out of that seat and let us sit there!"

"Oh really? So what are you now, the police of assigning seats?" you shot back. "Who suddenly allowed you to assign seating arrangements here at the Café? Anyone can sit wherever they want. It's not like, I don't know, elementary school where your teacher assigns seating arrangements. You have no right to make me move from my spot. Why don't you just listen to your friend and sit somewhere else? There are plenty of good spots here in the Café."