Story 57--My Hero, My Hiro

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(H/C): Hair Colour

(A.N. What is up with me and listening to songs to get ideas? I'm strange, am I. :P Anyway, so here is a one-shot based on Jason Derulo's "Marry Me". I realized I haven't put a marriage proposal OR a wedding scene in here yet, so I'm only guessing that's why it's not gaining as much popularity as my Tadashi X Reader one-shots. Anyway, so uh, enjoy this, I guess! Oh yeah, and here, you and Hiro are older)

"So, did he ask you yet?" your best friend and confidant, Honey Lemon, asked you one evening as you were sitting outside on the steps of the university that you graduated from a long time ago. Honey Lemon has already been happily married to Tadashi for a few months now, and she's settling in the married life quite nicely, which made you smile. It always meant she would have time for you, as her best friend, since you and Hiro had become a couple just a few years back.

You shook your head. "It's not a big thing on my mind, anyway, marriage. I mean, what with him reading his doctorate's degree and me just trying to help the community out in every way...we're both too busy to think about this stuff, girl." 

"Awww, it's never too early to think about weddings!" Honey Lemon gushed. "I mean, you and Hiro have always been the perfect couple in my eyes. I can't even stop smiling thinking about the day you finally get on the altar."

"It's definitely something that's gotten into my mind, but I barely got a chance to discuss it with Hiro," you eventually admitted. "I mean, we've been in a great relationship. I agree with you." You sighed as you ran your hand through your (H/C) hair--the one that Hiro always loved to touch and play with under the sunshine, examining the different ways the light caught on your hair producing several different hues at once. The faint memory of Hiro's old habit made you smile and chuckle sadly. 

"Hey (Y/N)," Honey Lemon whispered, nudging you on the shoulder and pointing ahead. Sure enough, Hiro was just making his way to the university, waving to both you and Honey Lemon.

"Hey (Y/N)! Hey Honey Lemon," Hiro greeted the both of you, smiling his charming signature tooth-gap smile that made your heart melt. 

You got up and embraced him. "Hey, Hiro," you smiled, hugging him tight. "What brings you here tonight?"

"Tadashi said you'd be here," Hiro simply said. "Oh, by the way, Honey Lemon--Tadashi said he needed you help in creating a liquid battery for one of his new inventions. You don't mind helping him out now, do you?"

Honey Lemon laughed. "Oh of course not! How could I turn down my husband?" She smiled as she got up on her typical three-inch heels, and then pecked you and Hiro on the cheeks, waving as she left. "I'll catch up with you guys later!" 

You and Hiro waved back as she walked away and out of sight, and then you turned to Hiro, who blushed and cleared his throat. 

"Uh, let's take a walk," he suggested, shrugging as you giggled.

"Of course, Hiro." Lightly, you reached for his hand, which he took, and together you walked away from the steps of SFIT, fingers interlocked tightly. 

You smiled as you looked up at the sunset. "Such a beautiful sunset tonight," you whispered. 

Hiro chuckled nervously, his other hand travelling quickly to his back pocket to check if it was still there. Good. It was. He cleared his throat again. "Yeah. Oh yeah, definitely," he said offhandedly. 

"Mm," you hummed, grasping onto his arm with your free hand as you made your way to your favourite place in San Frasnokyo--the park where you and Hiro first met. A flashback immediately went through your mind as you approached it...