Story 53--You IDIOT, Hamada!

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(A.N. I actually haven't tried a serious heartbreaking story with Hiro, I don't think. Not sure if this would have a happy ending, either. So sit back, relax, and...cry. I don't know.)

There he was. Just passing by the halls of SFIT. You walked by and faced him as he walked towards you in an attempt to just say hello, but he didn't even look up. Soon, he passed you, walking away. 

You unfortunately made the mistake of looking back.

There, in his arms, was another girl--prettier and probably more popular than you were. The hug didn't last very long, but you saw enough. 

You turned on your heel...

...and walked away.

***********************

Tears smarted in your eyes for the millionth time as you sat in your lab and recalled that day, about a week ago. Hiro's been ignoring you for so long now--avoiding your eye every time you passed him, spending less and less time with the gang (probably for that other girl), and never once acknowledged your presence. Texts and emails and voicemails were sent and ignored. 

You couldn't help but shake the feeling that he's offering all of his time now for that girl you saw in his arms. Sure, that girl was pretty--she had fiery red hair that glinted dangerously in the sunlight, and her skin was pale. You couldn't see her eyes, but you were sure they would have been more colourful than yours. What were you, anyway? Just a girl, with no interesting facial features--at least, none like that other girl's. Not to mention that you're only hanging out with Hiro and his friends just to feel accepted, to feel like a kid who belonged here.

In short, you felt like a fake.

Suddenly, there came a knock on the door.

"I don't want to see you," you said bitterly, roughly wiping tears away.

The door opened anyway to reveal one of your supposed best friends, Gogo Tomago. She quickly entered your room and stood at the doorway, letting the glass door swing shut behind her.

"Seriously, (Y/N)? What's up with you being cooped up in your lab?" she asked you gently, though you could hint out the harshness in her tone. It wasn't easy for Gogo to go gentle sometimes, though when she gets concerned about her friends she really cared. 

You shrugged and sighed as you turned your chair around to face Gogo. "It hurts," you simply mumbled. 

"What was that? You have to speak up," Gogo said sharply. 

"IT HURTS!" you screamed. "The fact that our good old friend Hiro Hamada no longer wishes to spend time with us for another girl just--it just WOUNDS me, Gogo! I can't believe he'd just ditch us like that..." You felt another fresh wave of tears rack through your entire body. "Or even just ditch me..." you added quietly. 

If Gogo wasn't truly softened back then, she was now. She gently gave you a hug, wrapping her arms around you, and you buried your head into her shoulder. 

"I wouldn't know much about how you feel," she said finally, after a long moment of silence between the both of you. "I mean, I don't know many things about love. But I can tell you this." She let go and faced you, holding on to your shoulders as her eyes met yours. "Your chemistry with Hiro is really strong. I can see that, the way you and he kept hanging out before he chose to ditch all of us."

You sniffled as you raised a wrist to wipe your cheek. "So you're saying...?"

Gogo only smiled reassuringly. "That Hiro Hamada, he's such a knucklehead, not having noticed," she only chuckled. "Point is, if you want him to see you as someone real...you gotta make the first move. He's an idiot. Prove to him that he is."