Story 67--Your Heart will Lead You Home

Who else cried during "The Tigger Movie"? Was it just me? Hmm? Oh, okay.

Anyway, this next one-shot is a songfic I thought of while listening to the song written by Kenny Loggins, "Your Heart will Lead You Home". It's such a relatable song for Hiro that I thought I'd write a short one-shot related to it. Requests would come by again soon, so please hang in there and be patient! Thanks guys! :)

Sunny days and starry nights
And lazy afternoons
You're counting castles in the clouds
And humming little tunes

But somehow right before your eyes
The sun light fades away
Everything is different
And everything has changed

******FLASHBACK******

"Look (Y/N)!" Hiro pointed to a cloud above your heads that looked just like a Baymax face, making you laugh. The two of you were just hanging out together, just as good friends should, with Hiro having finished his year at SFIT and you having finished yet another year in high school. The park was just your favourite place to be, and it made you feel happier to be with your best friend, every day.

"Yeah. Imagine what it'd be like if Baymax descended from the clouds and just said, 'Hello, I am Baymax, your personal cloudy airy companion,'" you joked, earning a cute little chuckle from the 14-year-old prodigy. The sound of his laugh made you smile and blush just slightly--yes, you both were best friends...but could you both have been something more? With every passing day you felt closer to him. As if he was your only rock to your crazy hectic life in San Fransokyo. But without knowing, a crush had developed. The slightest brush of his hand over yours made your cheeks colour a delicate rose, and everything Hiro ever did made you smile so wide it was so hard to kill.

Yet right now, nothing can ruin this moment, not even the strange things that happen around your best friend. No, all you could feel was calmness. You sighed, a smile creeping on your face as you closed your eyes for just a brief moment.

"Hiro, no matter what happens, we'll still be best friends, will we?" you asked Hiro now, without opening your eyes.

Hiro nodded, a deep "Mhmm" reaching your ears. "Of course, (Y/N). You've always been my best friend, all this time. There's nothing that we haven't done together!"

"Good. Because I..." Your voice trailed off, your heart suddenly clenching as you opened your eyes, looking up at him.

"You--you what?" Hiro asked.

You took a deep breath and prepared yourself to say that you loved him, more than a friend. But instead, you found yourself saying the horrible news that your parents suddenly gave you just before today, just before you went with Hiro to the park today.

"Hiro...I'm moving away."

If you feel lost and on your own
And far from home
You're never alone, you know
Just think of your friends
The ones who care
They all will be waiting there with love to share
And your heart will lead you home

Yes, the news shocked the both of you. You thought you could pass off the calmness of the day without having to betray the news that would render Hiro speechless.

"You--no!" Hiro's voice choked. "What--why--"

"My dad got a promotion. He's working now in Las Okinawa," you told him. "And he wanted us to go with him. We're leaving tomorrow."