Story 66--Broken

A slightly feelsy one-shot requested by RandomBaymaxStuff, let's see how this would turn out. Apologies if I accidentally tweak something, I didn't really give this a hell lot of thought. And this might be short.

There's no use in crying anymore. Nothing you do would make any difference.

So you thought as you felt another tear slip out of your already dried and bloodshot eyes, blurring your sight. With every beat of your heart, what little strength that remained in your already broken body slowly ebbed away, and you crumbled to the floor, laying on your side, curled up in a fetal position.

It's hopeless, (Y/N). You will never belong with him. You never belonged with them, anyway.

Funny, how quickly the tables could turn, right? One moment, you felt at home with your childhood best friend-turned-crush, Hiro Hamada, and his gang of best friends at SFIT; next moment you were being unconsciously cast out due to their constant sneaking out, without you. They hung out without you. They did things without you.

And you never knew why.

No one's going to care, (Y/N).

You couldn't agree with your inner voice more. There's no more light to the dark inside. It no longer made a difference as to whether you were with them or not. 

"They hate me," you whispered to yourself, hugging yourself and feeling yet another tear slip out of your eye, landing on the carpeted floor of your own bedroom, away from the comfort of your family. 

You didn't want anyone tonight. Not when you were in so much pain.

************************

"Whew! Another good night of saving the city! Mission accomplished!" Fred cried as he and the rest of Big Hero 6 headed over to his mansion to spend a chill night. 

Hiro nodded as he got off of Baymax, taking off his purple helmet and helping the others get off of the now-armoured red robot. Being part of San Fransokyo's celebrated superhero group definitely made him feel great--after all, he was helping the city as his older brother once had wanted to--but sometimes, at times like this, it made him all tuckered and tired out. Even superheroes and superbrains needed a break.

"And we've all been at it for the last few days, too," Gogo noted. "Man. It's been quite a week."

"I agree," Honey Lemon agreed tiredly, yawning. 

"Hey Hiro, have you kept in touch with (Y/N)?" Wasabi asked. "The last few days we've been hanging out before this mission, she seemed so...off."

At the mention of your name, Hiro suddenly felt his insides turn ice cold, and he froze, his helmet dropping to the ground. "Oh crap," he whispered. 

"You didn't?!" Gogo cried. "Hiro!"

Hiro hung his head in shame. Wasabi was right; the last day you all hung out together, he did notice your forced smiles, the sadness that you can never really conceal in your eyes. It intrigued him, it really did. He wanted to ask, but he had no time. And he didn't know how to approach you without hurting you. 

"You've been with her since you were, what, 9?" Honey lemon asked. "Seven years, Hiro! You know her better than any of us do! You have to talk to her!"

"But how?" Hiro asked quietly, still standing frozen in the middle of Fred's lawn. "How can I tell her anything without breaking her further? She already looked hurt."

"Well, first thing you gotta do is stop whining about how hurt she is and woman up," Gogo said. "Simple. Besides, it's your fault for not keeping in touch with her. If she's really this hurt for so long, your act of ignorance is just going to break her. And you don't want that, do you?"