Story 38--Aloha, Amore! (2)

"Is your suitcase locked?"

"Yes."

"Did you bring your medications?"

"Yes!"

"Did you--"

"MOM!"

Your mom giggled and hugged you for the last time. "Alright then, (Y/N). I think your friends are waiting."

You nodded and turned around to see your friends, still waiting for you at the security gate. Letting go of your mom's embrace, you smiled and waved at them for the last time before heading into the security gate with your buddies, the excitement in your chest only just building.

Too soon, you all got through security, and it didn't take you too long to wait at your gate. By the time you entered the plane and took off from the tarmac, you just couldn't sit still.

"Relax, (Y/N)!" Wasabi cried as he passed by you. "It's just a trip!"

"With the most awesomest people I could ever imagine!" you argued back, a wide smile plastered on your face. "I mean, how rare is this freaking opportunity?"

Honey Lemon smiled as she put an arm around you. "Wasabi, you just need to relax!"

"Oh yeah? And I thought I was the one telling (Y/N) to relax!" Wasabi cried, his dreadlocks shaking with his slight rage as he went to the bathroom.

You only laughed as you called after him, "Yeah, Wasabi. You really have to let go sometimes. Don't worry too much about me."

But apparently, it wasn't just you who was causing so much trouble. Hiro, at pretty much the exact same moment, was being "babied" by Tadashi, just one row in front of where you, Honey Lemon, and Gogo were sitting.

"Come ON!" Hiro cried. "I mean, this may be my best chance to stop thinking about Gabrielle...I just can't get her out of my mind."

"I know, Hiro. We all know," Tadashi only said sadly.

Your shoulders slumped forward the moment you heard Tadashi say this, and you rested your head on the back of the seat in front of you. How could Hiro STILL not get over what happened with Gabrielle? You thought you had it in you, told him all you could, when she ditched him yesterday. And you couldn't help but admit when you and Hiro held hands yesterday that a new door might open for the both of you, that maybe, just maybe, he could open up to you the same way he would have with Gabrielle. But even that made you collapse slightly.

"ARGH!" you heard Hiro shout in frustration. "How can love be so...so...COMPLICATED SOMETIMES?!" He wrenched away from Tadashi and stormed out of his seat, all the way to the back of the plane, not acknowledging anyone else.

Curiosity overtook you as you headed to the back of plane after Hiro, concerned even more than ever. "Hiro?" you called out tentatively as you spotted his shaking form standing there, leaning against the wall. "You okay?"

Hiro shook his head. "She won't get out of my mind, (Y/N). She's..." And Hiro burst into tears, throwing his arms around you as he cried into your shoulder.  

"Shh, Hiro," you whispered. "It'll all be okay, I promise you."

"I...I wish I...I could just forget she ever existed," Hiro said bitterly. "It's so hard...it's so..."

"I know, Hiro," you whispered, though you didn't. "Just...just focus on the good things ahead. What's past is past. You've got a good vacation ahead, right? Don't waste it all just thinking about her. Keep a smile on your face! You'll enjoy it, I promise. What use is it if you keep a frown on your face?" You then let him go and put your hands on his shoulders, in a similar fashion Gogo would when she struck a deep conversation with him. "Now. Smile."