Story 55--Finding My Family

Guide:

(Y/N): Your name

(F/C): Favourite Colour

(FINALLY, a request! This is from Taetaetot, and I'm also combining a Tadashi X Reader story request sent in to me by ShadowclawStudio88, so yeah, um, don't kill me for not using it in a Tadashi X Reader but I got some inspiration after a bit. So yeah. Hope you like it!

The above video was my inspiration, though the song below doesn't match it. And of course, the reader doesn't start as a princess but she kind of lives the life of one of them...May have bits of The Little Mermaid and Aladdin involved, but there's definitely a lot of Tangled inspiration. So yeah. Uh, enough of my random ranting and on with the story.)

"All those days, watching from the windows.
All those years, outside looking in. 
All that time, never even knowing
Just how blind I've been."

The slow soulful chords just began to come out of your guitar, and you blinked back tears as you thought about your life--your lonely life in the tower that you were stuck in. All your life has definitely been spent looking out of the window, staring out into the open city below. The city that you heard everyone call San Fransokyo. 

As a young kid, your father kept you locked up. Away from the city below. He never wanted you to step foot in what he called the 'city of the barbarians'. But that only made your young mind wonder. What if there was someone down there who would help you find the answers that you always had? Was the world out there really a dangerous place to be?

"The world is very dangerous," your father said. "It's filled of people who are greedy and selfish. They want to hold up at nothing but your powers, your true capabilities. You can't ever trust them."

But little did he know, you have been escaping this so-called tower every single day. With each passing day you ventured further and further out, never really talking with any of the citizens of the city but once in a while having small talk with people, helping young people with robotics. Somehow, you were born with the abilities to repair a robot with your nimble fingers in under 30 minutes flat, which came to you inexplicably. Where had this ability come from? You've become so smart that everyone started to call you the Techie Woman, and as much as you liked the label, you wanted to know something farther beyond that. And soon, you started collecting random things from the city--a small stone here, a flower there, a fallen bus ticket on a street. Things that you wanted to keep to remind yourself that yes, there is another world, and it's so real--so out there, for you to explore.

As you were nearing your 17th birthday, you were even more anxious to just talk to your dad about going out into the city. To really find out, now that you were older, what everything meant. But alas, your dad, once again, said no. 

"(Y/N)," he said, looking sadly in your eyes--even though, little did you know, there was more that lay in the eyes of this particular man than just sadness and wist. "Listen. Even as an adult, people are more and more dangerous. They can't trust each other. I don't want you to be like them." But little did you know, he only wanted you here so that he could rely on your robotics smarts for his own good.

At that moment, though, you shook your head. "Maybe things have changed, dad. Maybe they can trust each other."

"I won't bet myself on that, dear," your dad disagreed. "Stay here. Stay where it's safe."

But your young and rebellious mind thought otherwise. As the sounds of your guitar filled your empty bedroom, you formulated your plan. You had to know what was down there.