Story 33--Here beside me

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(Y/L/N): Your Last Name

(A.N. Yet another request...of a dying reader and Hiro! Huh, this is my first time at this so let's hope it ends up good)

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The heart rate monitor woke you up blearily as you opened your eyes to yet another sunrise. Yet you couldn't help but realize just how many sunrises you have left to see before you are gone from the earth forever. Maybe not that much, right? Ever since you fainted dead away in your lab one day, you were rushed to the hospital, and they found that you were diagnosed with acute leukemia. But as always, the nurses were unable to come up with a specific cause.

"She doesn't have much time to live," you recalled them telling your parents. Of course, you were unable to speak for yourself then, since you were heavily drugged and put straight to bed right after your operations. But you could sense their sadness, their misery, from as far as your hospital bed, far from the lobby area where your parents were. It made you feel saddened at how helpless you were, now unable to help your parents, unable to help anyone, unable to help even yourself.

You turned over to one side and caught sight of a picture frame, with a single image of you and Hiro laughing wildly together, though you couldn't make out where you were. All you knew that this took place before, well, the incident. Where you found yourself, at home, suddenly feeling ill, every single day after you came back from SFIT. Dizzy. Woozy, even. And with every passing day you would even experience this sudden fatigue in the lab, up to the point where you fainted once in your lab and didn't even move.

******Flashback********

"Get the ambulance!" you heard a familiar voice shout, though you couldn't tell who it was. Already by this point, everything was turned to black.

The voice, which apparently belonged to your best friend Hiro Hamada, then shouted, "There seems to be a severe case of light headedness...I don't know...the victim's name is (Y/N) (Y/L/N)...I don't know otherwise, I...well no..."

Scrambling feet was all you heard otherwise as you heard the voice say, right by your ear, "Don't leave me...I will see you when you wake."

The last thing you would want is for Hiro to know you were diagnosed with a severe case of leukemia.

****Present Day******

"Hey mom," you said weakly, sitting up on the bed to see your mother bringing over some breakfast.

"Hey (Y/N)," your mom greeted back with a smile, setting by your bedside your favourite meal-soup, some bread, even some water. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay," you responded slowly, taking out the water. "But still a little bit woozy. I know. I'm sorry I can't be much of help anymore. I know I'm going to die."

"We all are so worried about you," your mom whispered.

"And who is this 'we' you speak of?" you asked.

Your mom didn't say anything. "There is someone who would want to see you."

"Who?" you asked again.

Your mom stepped back from the bed, allowing you to see the person at the doorway. The moment you saw who it was, your eyes widened.

"Hiro?" you whispered. "What are you doing here? And so early, too?"