Story 58--Horror Gone Wrong

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(A.N. I am NOT a huge fan of zombie shows, so I have never watched "The Walking Dead" or anything related to zombie apocalypses. Oh wait, scratch that! I have NEVER watched anything of the sort! I do, however, know a bit about them, having done a bit of research. Honestly, it gives me the creeps thinking about it, and knowing me and my liking for The Hunger Games, I think I might try something along their lines rather than try to go in an entirely different direction. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this request from piscesuzumaki.

PS If you don't understand the whole Wal-Mart thing...well, I did read about it in an article. NEVER go near a Wal-Mart under zombie circumstances. If you're confused, PM me, and I can try to clarify it.)

"Flesh...we smell flesh..."

A gentle hiss, more like a spooky chant, registered in your ears as you stirred, half-asleep and half-awake somewhat from a nap in your lab. You could have sworn this just came from your dreams, but who were you to lie? You barely ever had dreams in your naps.

"Blood...we smell blood..."

As the voices started to grow louder and louder you became suspicious, and reluctantly you opened your eyes. The sun was already down by now, which wasn't too surprising. Late nights in the labs at SFIT were common. But what was definitely abnormal was the fact that there were so many zombie corpses walking all over the street, and you squinted out the window, one hand on your backpack strap.

"Humans...we kill!"

"(Y/N)!"

You whipped your head around to see your best friend, Hiro Hamada, panting and out of breath as he reached your lab door, a crossbow and gun in hand.

"Why hello, Hiro," you started calmly, putting on your backpack. But Hiro shook his head.

"(Y/N), we need to get out of here," he said breathlessly, pressing the gun into your hand.

You glanced down at the weapon in confusion. Where did Hiro get this? "Uh, Hiro-" you tried again.

"No time for explanations!" Hiro cried, pushing you out of the lab.

"HEY HEY!" you screamed. "There are zombies outside too, you know!"

Now Hiro raised an eyebrow. "How did you know I was going to talk to you about zombies?"

You shrugged. "I always end up amazing others. But that's not important." You raised an eyebrow at him in return. "Why?"

Hiro pointed behind you. "Look at our friends," he whispered.

Once again you whipped your head...and almost screamed in fright at the sight. There, advancing quickly towards you, were your best friends-Honey Lemon, Gogo, Fred, Tadashi, and Wasabi, all with paler skin complexions and empty black eyes, blood dripping on their faces and arms and even strewn all over their clothes. As they advanced towards you, you and Hiro immediately tensed up and stood, shoulder to shoulder, you raising the gun up by your face and Hiro raising his crossbow up as well.

"Flesh...we smell flesh..." Gogo said in such a raspy, unrecognizable voice.

"Blood..." Tadashi added, in a deeper crackling voice that almost made your heart break. Tadashi, Hiro's older brother...and the rest of the gang...how could they suddenly be a part of the zombie apocalypse?!

"RUN!" you finally screamed, darting away from the slow-moving zombie gang, pulling Hiro in tow as your hand gripped hard on his, your feet taking you towards the exit of the lab.