Story 21--The dove and forge (part 1)

(A.N. This is an AU requested by @AlinTomlinson and yeahhhh hope you all like this! :) it's my first time with an AU inspired by the Percy Jackson series, so yeah :) I OWN NOTHING! And so enjoy part 1 of yet again another multi-part one shot!)

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

Camp Half-Blood.

This was where all the demigods trained. This was where all the demigods lived. And this was where, according to you, you all weren't regarded as 'freaks'.

You knew that you wouldn't belong the moment you stepped into the invisible barrier, unfortunately separating yourself from your father. After days upon days of staying in Cabin 11, you were finally claimed by Aphrodite, the goddess of love, and staying in Cabin 10.

Not that it's a bad thing though. Your current senior counselor, Piper McLean, was pretty nice-and, according to some of your other cabin mates, better than the last counselor, Drew. You had quite a bit of fun with your new friends Lacey and Mitch, and over time you also made friends with Percy Jackson, Jason Grace, and Annabeth Chase, three other senior campers who had all recently come back from a quest involving Roman demigods. As time flew by you also got the chance to meet the Romans, and for a while, you had a great time. At least it was better than being in the mortal world, where in your hometown of (your hometown) you would always be regarded as a freak in your high school by even the most quiet people in your grade.

One day, you were in the middle of swordplay when the head counselor, Chiron, came over and presented you with a new recruit.

"Oh," you said, upon hearing Chiron's explanation. "What's his name?"

"The name's Hiro," Chiron said, gesturing you to the boy. "Hiro Hamada. He has been claimed the moment he got here, which was like, a few moments ago."

"Whose the parent?" you asked.

"Hephaestus," Chiron replied. "God of blacksmiths and fire."

You nodded. "Welcome, Hiro. I'm (Y/N), daughter of Aphrodite."

"Remind me, that's the love goddess, right?" Hiro asked you.

You nodded. "I'll show you around camp later. I'm in the midst of training right now, but you can hang around and watch."

"Thanks, but I promised my senior counselor Nyssa I would show up for a tour around the cabin," Hiro said. "But thanks anyway."

"No problem," you smiled.

"Hey (Y/N)!" you heard your opponent, Gregory, call you. He happened to be a son of Ares, and also one of your best friends. "You want to get back to the fight?"

"Of course," you said, grinning as you swung your sword around. "Let's go."

You then approached him, but not before waving back to Hiro, who waved back, starstruck.

"Damn," Hiro murmured. "No wonder she's a daughter of Aphrodite. She's so...pretty."

"Someone's crushing hard, huh?"

Hiro whipped his head around to see his head counselor, Nyssa, grinning.

"Oh my god, Nyssa!" Hiro cried, waving his hands wildly. "Um, uh, no?"

Nyssa smiled gently. "You're a bit like Leo sometimes," she shrugged. "He could work well with wires and gears, but sometimes you're just confused when you're in love. That's what we heard from the seven who had come back from their big quest-six, now."