Story 23--The dove and forge (part 2)

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

Continuing the request by @AlinTomlinson

"And maybe some ambrosia, and nectar, and extra clothes, and your weapon...hmm, you seem set (Y/N)!" Lacy cheered, helping you pack up your backpack.

You looked uncertainly at her, then at the backpack by your bed. This was it. Today, you are off on your quest with Hiro, unsure of what lay ahead. You couldn't help but admit that you were scared, and you weren't sure why. For years now you have always hoped to go on a quest for the gods, and whenever you heard the stories of the Prophecy of Seven you were both intrigued and scared at the same time. But now you weren't so sure.

"Are you sure I'm ready for this?" you asked them.

"(Y/N), don't deny your strength," Piper said, coming up to you and giving you a quick pat on the back. "You have excelled so well in training over the past few weeks. You can take care of a new recruit, no problem!"

"Well, that's because he's my friend!" you cried, feeling the heat creep up your cheeks.

"OOOHH! She's blushing!" Mitch teased loudly.

You chuckled. "Stop it. It's not what you think."

"I think a daughter of Aphrodite has finally fallen in love!" another girl shouted as she came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around her body as she dried her hair with another towel in her hands. "Awwwww!"

"Guys, he only came here a few days ago!" you protested. "We're just friends, okay? That's it."

"You're going to regret those words!" another younger boy cried.

Oh for god's sake. You quickly put on a sweater, shouldered your backpack, and exited the cabin, cursing yourself under your breath, quick to notice the dark storm clouds forming. How could they? Sure, you're a daughter of Aphrodite, but you never really understood the whole concept of love. Besides, that's not why you're on camp. Regardless of the parent, every demigod has to find their place in this haven, and for you, that meant being one of the most strategic warriors. You weren't prepared for this thing called love. Why should you bother?

"Maybe you should just give me a lecture," you muttered under your breath.

"What lecture?"

You jumped, surprised to see Hiro walking beside you without you knowing.

"Hiro! What the heck!" you cried, resisting the urge to unsheathing your sword from your belt and holding it out to his neck. "Don't you DARE scare me like that!"

"Whoa," Hiro said, holding his hands up in surrender. "Did I actually?"

You nodded. "One more scare and the next thing you would feel is my blade."

"Okay okay!" he cried, laughing. "You honestly need to stop looking so angry, (Y/N). You're just as worse as Gogo sometimes."

This name caught your attention, and you raised your eyebrows in suspicion. "Who's...Gogo?" you asked him slowly.

"An old friend of mine back in San Fransokyo," he said...almost wistfully.

You said nothing, just nodded and turned away a bit, though you couldn't deny something was wrong. Was this Gogo his girlfriend in the past as well? If so, then what were you doing, falling for him? You may have denied it to your cabin this morning, but you really can't deny it now that he's so close...can you? By the sound of her, she may very well be in the Athena or Ares cabin, should she be a demigod. But then again, if Hiro was forced to leave his friends behind, you safely assumed that this Gogo is not a demigod at all, just a mortal. Hold on. That was confusing.