Story 51--Monsters out BACK!

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(Y/F/Monster): Your favourite monster

(A.N. Kinda mixing up the idea of Fred's interesting monster collection with a scene from Monster's University...so yeah, I'm hoping this idea is okay! I mean, HECK. I don't much story idea coming through when it comes to this song. So bear with me. Also, I have a personal connection to this song since we learned a dance routine to this song during my first year orientation in university so yeahhhhh THANK YOU FOR THIS!)

Request by RomanticWaltz2764

"Hey (Y/N)! Wassup!"

You were in the midst of making a huge black light spotlight out of scratch for SFIT's annual Halloween dance when suddenly, in burst Fred in his classic green monster suit and his sign. His sudden appearance gave you a fright, and you dropped your small wrench onto the ground, where it landed with a CLING!

"Oh my GOD, Fred!" you cried in almost complete exasperation. "Bro, don't SCARE me like that!"

"So sorry, (Y/N)," Fred apologized, bowing low to you. "I was just wondering. I'm hosting a very small Halloween party at my place just before Halloween, and I am cordially inviting you to this amazing party of mine. That is, if you would like to go. Of course, I'd be honoured."

"A Halloween party, eh?" you grinned.

"Yeah!" Fred cheered. "But it's not just ANY Halloween party! This one, you'd be dressing up as a monster! Make it be whatever monster you wish--at least, any of them that aren't too gory or whatever."

You nodded in thought. "So like, Monsters Inc. monsters or something?"

"Yeah, a bit like that," Fred confirmed with you.

"And who exactly would be going?" you asked further. This Halloween party definitely sounds interesting!

Fred tapped his chin in thought. "Let's see...there's me, obviously, and Wasabi, and Honey Lemon, and Gogo, and Hiro, and Tadashi, and Baymax," he answered. "Oh come on, it's just the gang! Why didn't I just say 'le gang de awesome'?"

To this, you giggled. "Ahhh Fred. Yes, of course I'd love to come!"

"Yes!" Fred cheered, giving you a high five. "Well, the party is in a week, on a Friday night. So...you up to it?"

"Oh yeah," you nodded. "I've got myself no plans on that day."

"Yay!" Fred cheered again. "Alrighty then, I'll add your name to the list! See ya, (Y/N)!"

With that, he gave a cheerful wave and left you in your lab, and you waved back, a smile on your face.

"So...Hiro's going, eh?" you murmured to yourself, picking up your dropped wrench and locking the bolt of the black light spotlight in place. A soft smile started to spread across your face as you imagined yourself dancing with Hiro...in a very interestingly scary monster costume that might give Hiro the chills. But enough of that. You'll still be spending some time with Hiro...and hopefully this time, you'd be alone with him. Even pluck the courage to, well...

You shook your head as you continued to work on the black light. It would be quite a while, but you can wait. Right?

*****************

I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohh
I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohh