Story 34--New hope

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

A chill ran down your spine as you made your way out in the streets at night, your footsteps making very little noise along the sidewalk. You didn't dare venture out during the day, for fear that you would see your parents who clearly didn't want to see you around anymore than they wished. See, the thing was, when you were younger they threw you out. They didn't give you a reason. They probably just didn't want you. So yeah. You assumed that you have always been homeless for your life. Amazingly, so did everyone else.

Yet it didn't bother you. You have always had a resentment for your parents ever since that fateful day. And you weren't looking forward to seeing them again.

Fortunately, you didn't.

Unfortunately, next moment when you turned a corner, you came face to face with two over-sized male cronies, who both have muscular arms and pretty buff builds.

In that instance you knew you were a goner. But you decided to play along and pretend that you don't know what would happen. So you did the first thing that came naturally to you, even in a frightening situation like this.

You smiled.

"Hello boys," you greeted them, faking cheeriness as you waved.

"Ahh, hello there little girl," one of the cronies growled, a wicked smile gracing his lips.

"Should a little girl really be wandering alone at this time of night?" the other one demanded softly, immediately advancing towards you.

You backed up. "Well, um, no. But um, I just, you know...needed air, that's all. Look, I don't even know what you want with me. Back off!"

By this point, your back had already hit a wall, and all fake optimism of getting out of this situation alive faded. Yet you didn't panic.

"Where's your mother?" the second guy whispered dangerously, carefully pulling out a knife from his belt.

You shook your head. "Gone. Same as my dad." Hey, at least that wasn't completely the truth. Yet that wasn't a complete lie either. A twinge of doubt twisted your heart fiercely, but you didn't feel like backing down...yet.

"Ooh, so this little girl is going to go all independent, eh? Aww, how cute," the first crony gushed, leaning right into you so that your faces was literally inches away from his. You winced at his stinky breath wafting its way towards you, and you did the first thing that came to mind-you punched him in the nose.

"What's cute?" you demanded harshly.

"You," the other guy whispered, advancing towards you again and kicking you hard in the gut.

Immediately, you doubled over, but you still managed to straighten up. "Look, I didn't want to put up any trouble-"

"Oh, of course you didn't," the other guy said softly. "But don't worry. When we're through with you, you don't have to worry about trouble. Not when no one is around to save you."

Your eyes widened as he raised his weapon-a hammer-and brought it hard against your head. A cry escaped your mouth as pain washed from your head all the way through your body, almost blinding you. You stumbled forward, and in an attempt to ram into the cronies with your aching head the first guy whose nose you punched recovered and kicked you hard again in the gut, knocking you over completely. As you fell, the last thing you remembered was the first guy roughly pulling you up in a sitting position and punching your jaw so hard froth came out of your mouth by the fifth blow, yet he didn't stop. You only let out a loud moan, in hopes that someone, anyone, would come by. But no one did. After a while when your jaw was now deemed almost completely unusable, he then punched your nose as payback-HARD.