『 Chapter 10: Smoked Eel 』

✵ ✵ ✵

"Today is about teamwork!" Gobber explained, "Now a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky." You and Gobber were currently standing off to the side to watch the group train, "One head breathes gas, the other head lights it." Flammable gas surrounded the teens separating them into groups of two, "Your job is to know which is which."

You tried to peer through the gas, seeing who was with who, but from this angle, it was impossible to catch a glimpse of everyone. You heard some mumbling, it sounded like Fishlegs rambling off some dragon statistics. You heard Hiccup hush him. It was silent for a few more seconds before some screaming coming from Tuffnut came from the cloud. Then you heard the girls scream and some water splashed before they all ran out of the cloud.

As the gas cleared you finally got a good view of Fishlegs and Hiccup, "Chances of survival are dwindling into single digits now." Fishlegs said, earning a scared look from Hiccup. One head of the dragon peeked its head out from the fog, it sniffed Fishlegs sending him stumbling backward, "Woah! Woah!" He stammered before pouring water onto the head of the dragon. The dragon blinked away the water before emitting gas from its mouth, "Oh. Heh! Wrong head." The boy said before being sprayed by the dragon with the flammable gas sending Fishlegs running over towards you and Gobber.

Hiccup was the last remaining student standing in the ring, both of the dragons looked curiously at Hiccup. One of the heads started sparking and that was when Gobber yelled out for Hiccup to throw the water. The boy tried to toss the water, but it landed at his feet and didn't even get close to the dragon.

"Aw, come on." Hiccup rolled his eyes. The dragon roared, flaring out its wings to frighten the boy. Hiccup stumbled and fell backward. Your eyes widened.

"Hiccup!" Gobber called out to the boy, ready to jump in at any moment.

The brown-haired boy stood up, holding his hands out towards the dragon sending it back in fear. The creature let out a few shrieks, cowering into its cage.

"Back!" Hiccup said, creating a pushing motion with his hands, "Back! Back! Now don't make me tell you again. Yes, that's right!" You let out a silent chuckle, suddenly remembering that he had the smoked eel in his jacket, "Back into your cage! Now think about what you've done." He said, secretly throwing the eel into the cage before shutting it. Everyone stood shocked looking at the boy. Hiccup wiped his hands on his jacket, "Okay, so are we done? 'Cause I've got some things I need to... uh (Y/N) needs to go see Gothi. Yep... I'll see you tomorrow!"

You chuckled, walking over to Hiccup who was standing at the gate waiting for you. You hobbled over, "You don't need to go with me to see Gothi, I can take care of myself you know."

Hiccup nodded frantically, waving his hands in front of him, "I know! I- just... I like hanging out with you." You felt your face flush slightly before you turned away.

"Yeah... whatever." You looked back over at him, "I may enjoy your company." You spotted a small smile on Hiccup's face, "Anyways, we should probably get to Gothi's." Hiccup nodded, agreeing before walking out of the rink, you followed him closely. As soon as the two of you stepped outside you spotted Gothi standing close to the rink. The woman turned and noticed you before walking over, "Hello Gothi, were you watching the training?"

The elder nodded before pointing at your leg, she gestured for you to come over. You obliged, walking over to the woman. She pressed on your leg in certain spots, causing you to let out a little hiss. Hiccup glanced over at you, concern filling his face. The woman looked up at you with seemingly a knowing smile before handing you a small corked bottle. She held up her hand, her thumb and pointer finger slightly separated indicating a small amount before pointing at your leg. She then pointed to the ground before drawing a sun and then a moon in the dirt.