『 Chapter 19: The Gift of The Night Fury 』

✵ ✵ ✵

You were awoken by a loud banging on your roof followed by your mother yelling, "(Y/N)! Get that outrageous dragon off of my roof!" You let out a huff before rolling over in bed, trying to ignore the sound of your pestering mother. The roof rattled once more followed by your mother's voice, "(Y/N)! Right now before I ground you, literally for the next three centuries!" You shot up, throwing your blankets off of you, "You heard me! That mean's no flying!" You quickly got out of bed and thudded over to your stairs before sliding down the rail, you passed by your Mother and sent her a quick wave. She waved back before going back and petting her Terrible Terror.

"I'll get her off, but I won't be back anytime soon, I have other things I need to do today." You said, still half asleep. You pulled on your boots and ran out the door before being hit by the piercing cold. Your eyes widened as you ran back inside, your arms wrapped around yourself. there was snow as far as the eye could see.

Your mother chuckled, "Forgetting something?" She asked, holding up your jacket, you nodded unwrapping your arms, and quickly putting on the jacket as Rainsong banged on the roof again. Sending a look to your mother you quickly rushed out the door before turning around to the left and running towards the slope on the roof.

"Well, you're awfully excited today!" You called up to the silver dragon. She was about to pounce once more but stopped when she heard you. She turned quickly and jumped off the roof, tackling you in the snow. Cold powder fell onto your face, causing your nose to turn red. Rainsong licked you a few times, leaving cold wet marks on your face, "Wow! You are energetic!" You pushed her off of you and stood up before rubbing your hands together and letting out a puff of air. You could see your warm breath fog up the open air.

Rainsong leaned over towards you and nudged your shoulder lightly, gaining your attention. She then let out a little roar and did a spin, as if she was chasing her tail.

"What?" You asked excitedly, "What is it?" You knew what she wanted but you wanted for her to do more to try and tell you. She then leaned over you and grabbed the back of your jacket in her teeth and placed you on her back, "Okay! Okay! I get it, I get it! You wanna go see Hiccup!" You chuckled, "At this point, I think you like him more than I do." You mumbled, earning a groan from the dragon, "I'm joking!" You defended before she spread out her wings and sped upwards with one flap of her wings.

You gripped onto the handles on your saddle and leaned forward, the two of you had grown in speed since you had first started flying together. Rainsong could almost match Toothless's speed, but the two of them would still always find some way to win your races.

You looked down below and spotted Hiccup's house. Toothless was pouncing on the roof, probably trying to wake the boy up. Rainsong landed, and you slid off of your saddle, landing on the ground while she slithered up the roof. Toothless and her shared a look before both started pouncing on the roof, letting out little roars.

Hearing a yawn you turned towards the door, seeing Hiccup stepping out with his helmet on. He rubbed his arm before looking up at the roof, "Well, good morning, Mr. Bossy." He said before turning to you, a blush spread across his face, it hadn't been too long since the two of you had shared that kiss at the cove, and he still hadn't made it official yet. Not that he didn't want to, he was just nervous, "Ah- good morning (Y/N)." He sent you a timid wave.

You chuckled, "Good morning Hiccup."

Rainsong then peeked over the roof, looking down at Hiccup, "Oh! And good morning to you too Rain!" He called up to her. Toothless let out a chittering noise that Hiccup repeated. The two of you stepped around the roof, talking towards your dragons, "Do you always have to wake me up so early to go fly-" Hiccup slipped on the ice quickly and fell forward, you reached out to catch him but he was caught by Toothless who pushed him back and set him down on the soft snow. Hiccup kicked at the ground, "Stupid leg."