『 Chapter 31: A Day Out 』

You, Rainsong, Hiccup, and Toothless followed Hiccup's mom and Cloudjumper as they flew over the glaciers. You turned around to see a large flock of dragons flying behind you. Hiccup copied your actions and sent his mother a confused look.

"H-hey, I thought we were going to eat?" He asked, confused as to why the three of you were being followed by that many other dragons.

Cloudjumper and the woman turned around, "Oh, we are!" She said before putting her hand out, Rainsong and Toothless to stop. The two of you looked at her confused before following her gaze to the ocean below. The water rumbled and shook before parting which revealed The Bewilderbeast breaking the waves and letting out a loud bellow. The large dragon then spits a large mouthful of fish into the air, you gasped, shocked slightly. You heard the woman letting out a hearty laugh at your shocked face before you smiled and gave Rainsong a pat. She then reached out, grabbing several fish in her jaws. You chuckled, stroking her scales lightly.

After she and Toothless had gotten their fill the three of you along landed on one of the glaciers. You sat down leaning back on your hands while Hiccup was explaining to the woman about all the places the two of you had discovered, he gestured over to you and then pointed down to the paper. The woman then grabbed her staff and stood up, drawing out the lines on the map in the snow.

After she finished you stood up and looked at the map, it was like an add-on to what he had on the map. You glanced over when you heard Toothless let out a little growl, he picked up an icicle and began drawing with it. You chuckled as he dragged the ice through the snow before trying to let go, realizing that the ice was stuck to his tongue. You let out a little chuckle before turning towards Rainsong. She bobbed her head while letting out noise from her throat.

✵ ✵ ✵

You and Hiccup's mom were sitting on the glacier watching as Hiccup played with Toothless. Rainsong was wrapped around you as the two of you sat. Valka quickly turned to you before placing her hand on top of yours.

"I believe I forgot to introduce myself to you before. My name is Valka." She reached her other hand out and you shook it.

You sent her a small smile, "I'm (Y/N). It's a pleasure to meet you."

"So..." She began, "How did you and Hiccup get together? How did he woo such a beautiful lady?" She asked causing your face to go slightly red.

You chuckled, "It's a funny story actually... well Hiccup was such a troublemaker when he was fifteen- still is- but there was one night when Stoick asked me to keep an eye on Hiccup. I tried my best of course but he ran off. I saw the whole situation with the Night Fury and when he was helping Toothless he convinced me to become friends with Rainsong... It's funny- at that time he actually had a crush on my best friend."

You noticed her expression change with everything you said, "But he ended up not liking her- she took it really well, and now we have been together for a couple of years."

"Do you think he is going to propose anytime soon?" Valka asked causing your face to go even redder.

"Well- I sure hope so." You said looking up at Hiccup, "I have never loved anyone as much as I love him." The boy glanced over at you before sending you a wave and a smile.

Valka then turned to you before tapping your shoulder lightly and holding out her hands. You gripped them before she yanked you off the ground, she then pulled you over towards your dragon, "Come! I have something to show you!" You sent Hiccup a confused look, he shrugged.