lxii. knew it all along

CHAPTER LXII
knew it all along

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC — 2024

THE ELEVATOR FINALLY REACHED THE GROUND LEVEL, the doors sliding open. Noah stepped out, no longer wearing his opera clothes anymore, now wearing different clothes.

He glanced around, spotting Peter almost immediately. He smiled at the sight, beginning to approach Peter.

Peter was stood in the lobby, also wearing different clothes. He seemed to be watching the news, but was quick on paying attention to Noah once he had came into the picture.

"Hey!" He greeted.

"Hey." Noah spoke. "Are you ready to go?"

"Mhm."

"Uhm, great." Noah murmured. "Let's go."

And with those words, the duo left the luxurious hotel altogether and began to explore the streets of Prague. The carnival was no longer going on, so it was quite peaceful to say the least.

Noah was honestly kind of sad that he had to go back to New York tomorrow. He loved New York. He really did. But, now, after fighting that elemental, he could finally relax whilst being on a trip, which felt really good.

Eventually enough, they stepped foot onto the Charles Bridge, which was barley being illuminated by a few streetlights.

"I'm glad we're doing this." Peter blurted out.

"Uh, yeah, me too." Noah said. "This is like the first time I've actually spent time alone with you without fighting any crime."

"Y-Yeah. It's weird."

As the duo walked further and further, they didn't dare to make eye contact with each other, the tension already tense as they continuously and accidentally kept on touching hands.

"Uh, I- There's this thing that I've been wanting to talk to you about for a while." Peter murmured.

Those words made the duo stop within their tracks. They stopped at the edge of the bridge, the two of them now leaning against the barriers.

Noah looked over at Peter with a concerned look upon his face. He slowly nodded his head in response, not sure what Peter wanted to say to him.

"What's up?"

Peter also glanced over at Noah, making eye contact. He grew extremely nervous, now fiddling with his hands and looking to the side every now and then.