lxiv. the truth

CHAPTER LXIV
the truth

LONDON, ENGLAND — 2024

THE NEXT MORNING, Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell had decided to change up the plans a little. Instead of going straight back to New York, they had decided to stop at London for a few hours along the way.

Currently, the class was walking throughout the British airport, apart from Peter, obviously.

"Okay, the company set up a city tour and then we'll grab a bite and head to the airport."

Brad suddenly stopped within his tracks, his features etched with sheer confusion and concern.

"Is no one else gonna acknowledge how crazy this is?" He asked.

Those words made the rest of the group stop as well, each of them glaring over at Brad.

"Oh, yeah, I get it." Mr. Dell replied. "There's been nothing scientific about this science trip at all."

"No, no. I'm talking Peter." Brad corrected. "Has no one noticed how shady he is?"

Nobody seemed to agree just yet.

"Because, I saw him in the back room of a rest stop with some woman in his underwear and he's always sneaking away like back at the opera, huh?" Brad explained. "And now, he's suddenly off the trip with his family in Berlin?"

Still, not a single utter.

"Is no one else here interested in the truth?"

Noah and Ned began to share slightly nervous glares, both of them not wanting Brad to get even more suspicious of Peter's actions.

Noah pressed his lips into a thin line, his glare now sharp. His bottom lip pouted, he gently shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm interested, Brad." He spoke up.

Brad seemed to be thankful that somebody had actually decided to agree with him. He raised his eyebrows, pointing at Noah as he spoke.

"Thank you, Noah!"

Noah's lips curled into a proud smirk. He nodded his head ever so slightly, leaning forwards a little as he gripped onto the strap of his bag.

"Not a problem. But, since Peter's not really here to tell his truth," he murmured, "what about you, Brad? Why do you think it's cool to take pictures of people in the bathroom?"

"Yeah, dude." Flash agreed. "What's that about?"

Brad was completely stunned out of embarrassment. He began to shake his head from side-to-side in panic, blinking rapidly.

"No, no, no! It wasn't like that!" He stammered. "It was, uh- I was trying to take a-"

"Let's put all this craziness behind us and have a nice, peaceful afternoon." Mr. Harrington interrupted. "'Sounds great, Mr. Harrington', said the class. Okay!"

And with those words the class began to walk out of the airport, Mr. Dell stepping aside to have a small word with Brad before the city tour began.

"I'm gonna be a cool teacher right now. You gotta stop doing that, okay? It's weird." He lectured. "No more photos in the bathroom. Urinal or stalls. Okay?"

Brad was still frozen in place, his expression looking very embarrassed and awkward. He looked down at the ground, gently rubbing a hand over his face.

"Look at this!"

Those words made Mr. Dell catch up with the others, as well as Brad.

The class seemed to be on the streets of London, now. They were surrounded by many locals, tourists and double-decker buses.

"Mr. Harrington, this is your bus." A man called out.

Right behind the man, who seemed to be the bus driver, sat a massive red double-decker bus, which seemed to be for the London city tour.

"We got a bus all to ourselves!" Mr. Harrington told.

Noah followed all of his other classmates into the tall bus, but just as he passed the bus driver, he felt suspicious. He paused to just glare at the man for a moment.

But, the bus driver looked over at Noah, causing him to just turn away and catch up with his classmates instead.

Something really wasn't right.