Through The Portals

"So, we just walk through these portals and the cycle is done?" Primis Tank Dempsey asked his Nikolai, "Sorry, but it just sounds too easy."

Nikolai closed the Kronorium.

"My American friend, it is written in this very book that we must do this. Unless you wish to continue the cycle, I suggest you swallow your pride and walk through that damn portal."

Tank looked down. The Ultimus group had gone through theirs and nothing bad happened because their Richtofen had given a thumbs up after checking. He felt the apocalypse was over too easy, even though they had almost died, lost a limb, or their minds multiple times.

"I vish to see vhat zhis new dimenshion ov ours vill have in store. I hope zhey let me continue to practice lobotomies!"

The German doctor looked very excited about their new home, and was practically trying to jump on poor Takeo's back.

"Doctor, must you act in such a manner?" The Jap asked Richtofen, "I fear you may break my back."

Scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment, Edward hopped off of Takeo.

"Ok, I would very much like to go now, comrades," Nikolai said to the others, "Let us go to our new home."

"Can ve get a house for all four of us?" Richtofen asked.

"Fuck you, Richtofen," Dempsey said.

"Oh, trust me, Dempshey. I know jou vant to~" The doctor replied.

Dempsey said nothing, his face a dark red as the other two looked at them with a look that said, "Wait, what?"

"Come on, Dempshey," Edward said as he grabbed Tank's hand, "Let's go."

The four of them walked through the portal, and it immediately disappeared behind them.
But, instead of the peaceful world they assumed it would be, they were met with an ash filled world, burning down with undead walking about, only five humans left in the area, shooting undead in hopes of survival..