A Downhill Night

Richtofen's POV

It was midnight. The time was perfect to do what I had planned.

"Dempshey?" I said, shaking him awake, "Could ve go somevhere?"

"What.?" Tank asked me sleepily, "Where would we go?" Yawn, "It's midnight.."

"Ja, zhat's vhy ve'd be going out," I replied, "Just, follow me, bitte."

He yawned and got up groggily. I sneakily grabbed the small ring box and brought him to the roof. Dempsey looked at me strangely, confused as to why we were here. I brought him to the edge, a long box.

"Ok, sit here. Zhat's it. Now, look up, Thomas."

We both looked up and he gasped when he saw the sky.

"Edward..."

"It's much more beautiful zhan zhe sky in our vorld, ja?" I asked, "Zhis vorld.. It has much more beauty zhan ours ever had.."

He nodded. The sky glittered like a million gems. I reached into my pocket and felt the small shape of the box in my fingers. Through the corner of my eye, I saw Dempsey in the pale moonlight. He looked absolutely stunning in this light. I decided this was the right time.

"Thomas?"

The marine looked at me.

"Yeah?"

I got off of the box and getting down on one knee, I pulled out the ring box. A small gasp came from Tank as he realized what was going on.

"Th-Thomas.. I've gotten to know jou very vell in zhe long time ve've been friends und lovers.. Und, I zhink ve have been togezher long enough zhat I can ask.."

I opened the ring box, revealing the ring to him.

"Vill jou marry me, Thomas Dempshey?"

He couldn't speak, but he nodded. A tear was rolling down his cheek and a huge smile was spread across his face. I put the ring on his finger, which fit perfectly as I had made gloves for him once and remembered the size of his ring finger. He looked at it and hugged me tight.
We sat there, me sitting on the ground leaning into Dempsey on the box. He held my shoulders as we watched the beautiful sky.

"Ich liebe dich, Dempshey.." I said, looking at his face.

He smiled.

"Und Ich liebe dich auch, mein liebling." He replied.

"Aww, jou remembered zhat vone?"

"Yup. 'I love you too, my darling.'"

I smiled and leaned up to kiss him, which he gladly returned.

Then, we heard a familiar voice.

"How sweet. Someone should take a picture."

It was Ben. He was sitting on the side of the roof, arms crossed, and was smiling widely - and knowingly.

Ben's POV

I chuckled softly as I stood, stepping out of the shadows with my hands in my trench coat's pockets. 

"Well well well, what do we have here?" I asked rhetorically, adjusting my trilby. 

Richtofen and Dempsey were both blushing up a storm and stuttering, until I held up my hand. 

"It's alright you two, your secret's safe with me. I won't tell anyone."

They both sigh in relief. 

"Thanks Iron Man..." Dempsey said.