⚔Memory Lane

My POV

"Shit, they have no shame.." I said to Nikolai, while Dempsey and Richtofen went at it loudly.

"No shame at all," Nikolai agreed, taking a small sip of his vodka.

Time skip ~ 10 mins

"Finally.." I said when the lovers went quiet.

"That was uncomfortable.." Nikolai said to me.

I nodded and leaned back on my right arm.

"So, what is your story, comrade?" The Russian asked me, "We told you ours, but I don't know yours."

I sighed and sat up.

"Hand me the bottle."

Nikolai passed the bottle and I took a decent swig, then began.

3rd Person POV
Small town in New York State.

Henry was walking home with his boyfriend, Aaron, who was only a year older than him.

"So, what'd you think of it?" Henry asked his partner.

"Good story. Decent acting. Plenty of decent firearms. Not a bad movie," Aaron replied, "Did you like it?"

Henry nodded, and the two talked on the way back to Henry's place.

"You can stay, right? The night, I mean. Its 9pm and getting dark."

Aarom sighed.

"You know I have work tomorrow morning. I gotta get back home."

Henry looked down.

"Yea, I guess s- OH SHIT, AARON BEHIND YOU!!!"

A guy had shambled down the sidewalk, and Henry had assumed he was drunk, but then the guy attacked a girl walking home late at night and bit a huge chunk of flesh off the right of her neck, then bit her entire left hand off.
But she wasn't dead. Her eyes glowed orange and let out a horrifying scream. Others like them were shambling around.

"Get the fuck in the house," Henry said to Aaron, a fearful look on his face.

The two quickly ran inside and locked the door. Henry opened the closet and grabbed a solid metal baseball bat from within. He ran to the kitchen and grabbed the sharpest kitchen knives they had, handing one to Aaron.

"What thebfuck just happened?" Aaron asked Henry, who led him upstairs to his room.

"Zombies, Aaron. Zombies. That's the only rational explanation. You saw the girl. She should have died. Bit she became.. that."

"This is not real.." Aaron said, terrified, "Th-this is a nightmare.."

Henry gave his boyfriend a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry, honey. But you know this is real. All we can do now is survive."

Poundkng was heard on the door, followed by the sound of wood breaking and hitting the floor. Screams of the undead echoed through the house.

"Henry..?"

"Aaron?"

"I love you.."

Tears welled up in his eyes when he heard that.

"No, no don't say that. That's a goodbye.."

A scream was heard from Henry's parent's room downstairs.

"Mom.. Jamie..."

The undead was heard getting close to the bottom of the stairs. Henry was terrified. He opened the hidden spot in the bottom of the bed and shoved his boyfriend in it, crawling underneath with him and shutting the door, locking it.

(Stay quiet) Henry mouthed to Aaron.

(I wasn't planning on saying shit) Aaron mouthed back.

The door to the bedroom was broken down almost instantly, and undead swarmed in. The small room had at least 10 zombies in it, but thankfully the couple could not see.
Most of the zombies left, but one stayed behind. This was unknown to the two humans, though.

(I'm gonna check outside) Aaron mouthed to Henry.

(No, no you will not.) Henry quickly replied, (We don't know if any stayed behind.)

(I'm sure we're ok, honey.)

And with that, Aaron opened the door.

Only to be met with a zombie. A scream was heard and the sound of a lifeless body hitting the ground was heard.

Tears formed in Henry's eyes, and twin rivers flowed down his face. He looked out a crack in the door to see a lifeless body without a head, blurred by tears, laying on the ground.

No, no this cannot be happening.. Henry thought, No, no he can't be gone. This is all a lucid nightmare. I'll wake up any moment now..

But he never did. Henry finally climbed out, but something inside him had broken. He felt distant, as if his emotions were out of his body.
The young man walked out of the room, slicing down any zombies in his way. He stumbled down the hall, out the broken door and down the road. He walked and walked until he wandered into the next town, Green Run. It was there he met the Victus crew.

About a year later, he felt more like himself, although he was never himself again. Even though his emotions were basically back, he was never able to learn how to love again.

Years later, they had learned to survive in the hellscape world they've found their world had become. It was around this time that the group of misfits had met the Primis group.

And that was when he felt a foreign emotion lightly wash over him, an emotion he hadn't felt for years...