Aether and Victus

My POV

"So, this is that magic German voice who's been following us?" A slihtly wasted Russman asked Stew, whi nodded and scooted a bit away from the older man.

"Yes, I have been trying to help jou for a vhile, Russman," Edward said, " But jou seem to enjoy ignoring my help."

Marlton sighed and walked out the door, sitting with Takeo on his watch. I was tempted to join them, but wanted to get to know our new.. 'teamates' a bit better.

"So, you ended the 'cycle' where we used to live, only to come and join us in a new zombie filled hellscape?" I asked Nikolai.

"Yes. That is correct, comrade. We probably wouldn't be here if someone hadn't jinxed us," the Russian said, glaring daggers at Dempsey.

"Hey!! I didn't do shit, Belinski!!" Dempsey snapped at Nikolai.

"Ok, enough bickering, ya dipshits," I said to the two of them, turning to Edward, "So, you're Richtofen? Can I ask you something?"

"I do not see vhy not. Ask avay."

"Why didn't you just follow the other crew? They had a safe dimension, and you did say the portal stayed for a solid 5 mins after. You could have lived a safe life."

"Ve vere not allowed to. Zhe Kronorium said zhat ve vould go through zhe ozher portal. And jou cannot change Fate," he explained to me.

I nodded, understanding what he meant. After a good two hours, me and Nikolai had watch duty, and the others went to sleep.

Well, most of them did.