An Unexpected Surprise

Dempsey's POV

Me and Richtofen had the next shift, so we made our way downstairs. But we had gotten dressed real sloppily, and I had a feeling everyone knew what we did.

"Oh, looks like the lover boys decided to cone down for their shift," Henry said to us, smirking.

I shifted around awkwardly, ashamed of how loud we were.

"Come on, comrade," Nik said to Henry, "It is our time to try for sleep."

And with that, the two of them headed in, while we sat outside on watch.

"I cannot believe ve vere so loud, Dempshey.." Richtofen said, face a dark red.

"Y-yeah.." Was all I could say in response.

Silence followed for a good while.

"I don't regret it, zhough."

I looked over at the German, who was starring at the sky, face now just a light pink, smiling largely.
Even though it was the apocalypse, the sky shone brightly with a million stars, which made his eyes sparkle like saphires.

"I don't know why we hated each other anymore, but I am so fucking glad we don't any longer, Edward."

Edward smiled at me, and was leaning in when he suddenly turned his head.

"What is it?"

He only pointed. I looked in the direction he was pointed at, and saw a young man stumbling towards us, as fast as he could, struggling to stay awake and bringing a horde behind him.

My POV

I woke up the next day to a shit ton of arguing and yelling. I though Russman had gotten drunk earlier than usual again, so I got dressed.

I put my blood red t-shirt on, black stretchy jeans, my ash-black aviator jacket and fingerless gloves. I stuck my glassesnon my face, slid my dark grey travel boots on, and headed downstairs.

"Zhey had undead chasing zhem!!" Richtofen yelled, "Vhat else vere ve to do?!"

"I don't know," Russman started, "Maybe keep the boy trailing undead behind him away from all of us?!"

"Ok, the fuck is all this noise for, guys," I started, "Any louder and the hordes will come sooner than we wan-"

I froze. There was no way. No way in actual hell.

He was supposed to be dead..

There, right in the middle of chaos  and anger, was the last person I would ever think to see still alive.

I barely managed to say his name..

"A-Aaron..?"