SMILE: Childhood Stranger (2)

Third Person's POV
Over the next fifteen years, Liam would slaughter and kill anyone and everyone who had ever hurt Alexandria, at least those who no longer worked in the lab. That has been his number one goal these past fifteen years, and it is all he has been doing, other than trying to find her.

Liam framed Dr. Welch's death as a suicide.

He stabbed a knife in the back of Dr. Penber's head.

He snapped Dr. Owen's neck.

He set Dr. Brown's house on fire while she was still asleep, bringing her down with the house.

He stabbed Dr. Henderson in the eye.

He slit Dr. Jones' throat with a violin bow.

He poisoned Dr. Buckley's drink.

He ripped off Dr. Wheeler's arms with his bare hands.

He stabbed Dr. Collins in the chest with broken glass.

He repeatedly stabbed Dr. Burke with multiple blades.

He ripped Dr. Spencer's spine from her body.

He shoved Dr. Chi into the ocean, knowing he couldn't swim.

He even killed any monster he knew had come across Alexandria in the Mirror World.

He killed every last one of them and more without even using any abilities or "gifts" (he never acquired any, at least not that he was aware of), even though he was beginning to resent Alexandria.

     This is all your fault. Everything is your fault.

     I need to find you... I need to find you.

     But I am not bringing you home.

     Do I... need to destroy myself... in order to understand? In order to understand why you left?

     I can feel you forgetting me. Did I really mean so little?

     In no way was this necessary. This never had to happen! Was it just chance? Could I have done something different? It will never make sense.

Seven years ago, he even convinced Dr. Yohan Rallane (subject Twenty-One/021) to assign him an unplanned subject: 000, so he can actually gain abilities and find Alexandria.

He had grown close with the subject, and was surprised when finding out the doctors aren't even aware of it. He thought of her as a friend, even though she didn't know what a friend even was, and Liam thought he wasn't entirely sure what a friend was, either.

But lately, feeling the pain of all the subjects currently alive was... a lot. It's too much. He wants it to be gone. He wants the pain to go away.

     Is there a way to get rid of the hurt..?

     I think so. But... I... can't bring myself... to hurt her. To hurt Zero. In every way.

     Is it even possible? For a Shade who was once human to possess the body of another human..?

     I mean... How can I? I don't have any of the gifts Joplin promised me with.