KIDS: Rei (4)

Tuesday, November 27, 1984
6:40p.m.
The Venne Household

Third Person's POV
Fifteen minutes ago, Rei had been dropped off at her house after having dinner with Anne, Alio, Jesper, and Norman. The five of them had just discovered that the girl Anne was hiding in her house, Zero, was capable of supernatural abilities. During dinner, Anne, Alio, Jesper, and Norman all saw her turn invisible. But Rei didn't care about that right now. She was frustrated because it's already been two days and her best friend, Klaus, still hadn't been found.

     "Klaus...?"

     "Klaus is our friend, but he's... missing. We think the cops think he ran away, but he isn't the type of person to do that."

     "...I saw him... He's..."

     "What? Did you see him, when you were in the forest? Do you know where he is?"

     "...Hiding."

     "Hold on, Klaus is basically a professional at hiding. How did you see him if he was hiding?"

     "Liam."

     What did this 'Liam' guy do?

     Does Zero really know where Klaus is?

     I need to know he's okay... I miss him...

At the moment, Rei was with her parents and three siblings in the living room.

As Rei was sitting next to her mom, she said, "We should be out there right now. We should be helping look for him!"

Her father tells her, "We've been over this, Rei. The police say-"

     "I don't care what the police say!"

     "Rei!" Her mother turned to her.

Rei explains, "We have to do something! Klaus could be in danger."

Her older brother then says, "More reason to stay put."

     "Mom!" Rei turned to her mother.

     "End of discussion!" her mother said.

Rei sighed in annoyance. "Is it cool if I at least go to Norman's house after school tomorrow?"

Her father shook his head. "No, no, not cool."

     "What? Why not?"

     "Why do you think? Are your mother and I speaking Spanish in this house? Until we know Klaus is okay, no one is leaving."

Rei's older brother, Joey, both instantly turned to their parents. "What?! This is such bullshit! So we're under house arrest? Just because Rei's friend made the stupid mistake of answering the door to a stranger?"

Rei instantly turned to him. "This is Klaus' fault?!"

Her mom looked at Rei's brother. "Joey, take that back."