SMILE: We'll Meet Again (9)

November 24, 1984
Mirror World

Third Person's POV
Liam walked into a small cabin-like room, which had a large hole in the roof and multiple chunks from the walls missing. A Marsh was sitting in a corner of the room.

The Marsh had shoulder-length, aegean blue hair, entirely white eyes, pale grey skin, and droppy elf ears. He was slim, and average height for a human male. He used to have four arms; he was missing two of them. His name was Dáinn. He was in horrible condition, physically and mentally. He was very ill and hungry. He didn't seem to care at all.

He had asked Liam to come here.

Liam stared at the man, appearing concerned. "Hey, uh... Dáinn?"

The man didn't reply. He just looked towards the boy's direction.

     "Uh, you sent me a note, remember? You asked if I could get something for you." Liam asks, "What is it?"

After a moment of nothing but silence, Dáinn finally replies, "Within the next few days... I need you... to get..." He reached to his pocket and handed him a photograph as he continued talking, "...this boy."

Liam saw a human boy in the photograph. The boy he would later know as Klaus Blythe. He didn't recognize him. "Why him? And what for?"

     "That Toymaker, the one... who took this photograph... He says... this boy... has... rare blood..."

Liam already knew where this was going. "You wanna eat this kid? Sorry, I can't get him. I don't wanna be involved in this shit anymore. Do it yourself."

He tossed the photograph on the floor, but Dáinn suddenly looked eager and says, "Wait! Don't you... think I would... if I could...?!"

Liam stopped walking and turned to him. "He's just a kid."

     "So are you... and you've slaughtered people...!" Dáinn sighs. "Please... If I don't get... this kind... of blood soon, I'll die. You're... the only one here... who... can even get... to the human world, ...besides the Doctor... the Knight... and Toymaker..."

     "So why not just get one of them to do it?"

     "No one's ever... even seen... the Knight...! And... the Doctor... vanished... years ago, ...Prince! You... of all people... should know... these things! You're... a Royal, ...after all!" The man sighs. "Besides... you're the only one... around... who can disguise yourself... as a human..."

Liam stared at him, and sighs. If he's telling the truth and I don't get the kid, then he'll die. On the other hand, if he's lying and I do get the kid, then he's just no different than the other Marshes. But... If it's the truth... Oh, I don't know! I don't want to risk him dying. But I don't want to bring this kid to his death. I don't want to be the fault of anymore deaths. Please.

Dáinn could tell he was hesitating. "Please, ...young Prince. If you... get this boy... for me, ...I can live... I... can finally... go... and help... the girl."

Confused, Liam stared at him more. "The girl?"

     "The Princess."

     "Ohh..." Liam nodded his head when he understood. "I don't think that'll be necessary. She's with the Jester, and has been by his side for three years. I don't think you could split them apart."