Adventure Book (1)

It's hard to believe it's been seventeen years since I began researching the strange and wondrous secrets of the Orphic Reflected Abditory (otherwise known as "The Mirror World") in Norwood, Maine.

In all my travels, never have I observed so many curious things! The Mirror World is indeed a geographical oddity.

But the strangest thing about this world is the question: WHY? Why is it that this one remote location houses more paranormal, alter-average, and super-usual phenomena than any other location on Earth? There must be a hidden law of nature, a "Grand Unified Theory of Weirdness," which explains how everything in the Mirror World is connected. My benefactors trust that I will use their grand money to discover something incredible, and I believe this Theory could be it.

My Continuing Mission:
Investigate the Oddities of the Mirror World.
Discover Grand Unified Theory of Weirdness.
Publish theory and join the ranks of Newton, Tesla, & Einstein in the pantheon of science!

Some of my recent investigations include...

Floating Eyeballs

Are they watching me? Yes. What else would floating eyeballs be doing?

Hard to catch. They either have the power to see the future or have amazing peripheral vision.

Giant Shadow Bats

The bats will settle for cows and sheep but would much rather feed off some feeble human. Human blood tastes b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ I can only ASSUME human blood tastes better. (I have not sampled human blood.)

     Blood Rain

     Blood rain in the Mirror World has occurred multiple times before in the past. The rain has usually poured down near the woods.

     Blood rain is unpredictable and unlikely.

     There is no further explanations for this strange occurrence.

Case #28

Never would I have believed that a simple doorway could spell your doom, but I have seen several creatures go though ordinary-looking doors and simply disappear into thin air, never to be seen again. This phenomenon is unexplained.

The lunar cycle seems to have something to do with it.

Any door with the number thirteen appears to be a portal to a different plane of existence. Or instant death. Haven't had the nerve to test it.

Cursed Doors

Dark energy readings 40% higher this year!

Cursed doors are a common component of life in the Mirror World. The locals know which doors to avoid. Most other creatures are left to fend for themselves.

Myself

As I've been cataloging these oddities, it has occurred to me that I have yet to turn the microscope on the oddity with which I am most intimately familiar: myself. If I succeed in publishing my theory, I am bound to become something of a public figure, so, for the sake of historical record; I should perhaps touch on the subject: Who am I?

To put it simply, I am strange. I wasn't born strange, but I am attracted to the strange; and the strange has always been attracted to me. Where I grew up we were encouraged to follow rules and fit the mold. I recall finding a shrunken head in the family pawnshop & bringing it to show-and-tell. Every other student brought a football, a football trophy, or a book about football. All of these objects were thrown at me as I gave my report. And even when kids who teased me as a child found out I worked in the town's laboratory, they'd still mock me. If my friend hadn't shielded me and punched one of them in the nose, I might have spent the rest of the week in the hospital.