lxviii. reunion

CHAPTER LXVIII
reunion

NEW JERSEY, USA — 2024

AFTER LONDON, the class had eventually made their way back to New York, going back to their regular lives once again.

It was kind of a relief to be back home, though. No more fake elementals and incidents felt way too good. Relaxing, even.

Currently though, all of the students were walking throughout the American airport, excited to reunite with their friends and families.

Noah and Peter were both walking alongside each other, hesitantly holding hands every now and then.

As they got closer and closer to the entrance of the airport, they both stopped within their tracks for a moment, Peter eager to ask a question.

"Are you sure that no one has figured it out?" He asked.

"I'm hundred precent sure." Noah reassured. "Besides, nobody really pays much attention to you."

Peter shot an offended glare in Noah's direction, narrowing his eyes at that comment. He slightly leaned forwards, acting as if he was extremely offended.

"Ouch,"

Noah tilted his head to the side ever so slightly, the corners of his lips curling upwards and into a slight smile.

"Except for me."

Peter couldn't help himself but to just smile. He anxiously nibbled down and onto his bottom lip, his face turning completely red.

"Awh, thanks." He whispered.

To intrude on the conversation that the duo were currently having with each other, Ned and Betty had decided to step into the picture.

"You guys are so cute." Betty would compliment.

Noah and Peter shared side-glances with each other. Peter seemed to be appreciative of the compliment whilst Noah seemed to be slightly embarrassed and flustered by it.

"Thanks." Peter replied. "Uh, you guys look cute together, too."

Both Betty and Ned glared at each other at that comment. They then glanced back at Noah and Peter, both of them speaking at the exact same time.

"Oh, we broke up."

Noah wasn't exactly surprised. He thought that Betty and Ned were the type to date random people for no apparent then break up two weeks later.

Peter was kind of disappointed that they had broken up. He glanced between Betty and Ned, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"No." He mumbled. "What? Why?"

"Men and women grow apart." Ned inspired. "But, the journey they share together will always be a part of them."

Betty looked over at Ned. She raised her hand to gently caress Ned's cheek, her expression very genuine.

"You are so wise."

"Thank you."

Both Noah and Peter just glared at the duo in slight confusion, unsure as to why they were being so touchy when they had literally just broken up.

Then, Betty pulled away. She walked towards her group of friends and family, not even saying a small goodbye to the trio.

Ned noticed the duo glaring at him. He shrugged his shoulders, shooting a slight smile in their direction. Then, he also walked off.

Seeing that Betty and Ned had left, Noah figured that it was time to leave too as he wanted to see his older brother, Hugo, especially after such a chaotic week.

But, before he left, he felt the urge to remind Peter of something. Their date. They had both just planned something short and sweet for tomorrow. Nothing too big.

"Don't be late." He would remind.

"I won't."

"You better not be." Noah teased. "See you later."

"Bye." Peter spoke.

And with those words, Noah turned his back to Peter and walked off. He headed towards the doors, to exit the airport in order to see Hugo, of course.

As he exited, he stopped within his tracks. He was only able to spot multiple crowds of tourists and people, unable to notice Hugo just yet.

Eventually enough, he spotted Hugo, who seemed to be having a conversation with somebody. God, Hugo really was friends with everyone, wasn't he?

"Hugo!"

Hugo was quick on pausing the conversation he was having with this random person. He turned, gasping out of excitement. He then rushed towards Noah, eager to give his younger brother a hug.

"Oh my god!" He yelped maybe a little too loud. "Noah!"

Noah began to approach Hugo as well, his steps quick and brisk. He wore a bright smile upon on his face, happy to finally be home after such a chaotic trip.

Once the two were close enough, they pulled each other into the friendliest hug ever, both of them beaming with pure excitement and joy.

"Goodness, Noah, I'm so glad you're not hurt." Hugo spoke. "I really missed you."

Noah slowly pulled away from the comforting hug. His smile bright, he slowly nodded his head in response.

"I really missed you too, Hugo."

"Right. Let's go, then." Hugo told. "I got you all of your favourite foods so we could watch Star Wars all day."

Slowly but surely, the brotherly duo began to walk alongside each other, both of them obviously and extremely happy to be back together again.

"You shouldn't have."

"Shush, Noah. I know you too well."