"Make Me Yours Now!"

Indraprastha, night

Indraprastha, night

The room was aesthetically decked with white flowers that he loved. The sweet fragrance of Jasmine, Kunda and Shweta Kamalas had mixed generously with that of white sandalwood paste, only adding to the serenity. Illuminated by ghee lamps and coloured gemstones, the room appeared like a temple. Serenity prevailed at every corner.

Just like him!

Devika's doe eyes moved around, discovering his serene golden aura in everything she saw. The lamps felt dim compared to his radiance. The flowers felt less charming than his smile. Even the fragrance of sandalwood felt less purer than that of his. Her cheeks turned red as she smiled to herself.

Mitravinda used to say that she could see only blue everywhere while lost in Krishna's thoughts. Now Devika knew what it meant. Her very vision had been coloured with Yudhishthira's love.

I can't see anything else
For you are my very eyes
You have been my only light
And my eyesight too!

A night owl's sharp cry broke her trance. Devika lifted her eyes to the door, wondering when he would come. Slight impatience arose within, making her amused at herself. The married women had teased her enough regarding this night. Time of union, they had repeatedly mentioned. But union of what? Devika wondered. Her heart and soul was already united with his. Their inner union had occurred long ago. Tonight just the two physical forms were to be merged into one.

She blushed at the last thought. Getting him so close to her was now just the matter of a while. Still it seemed to be a dream to her. A dream she wanted to cherish since eternity.

Slowly, the door opened, almost echoing Devika's thumping heartbeat. Her breath raced even more as Yudhishthira gently closed the door.

He saw his new bride. Red bridal silk had embraced her body like a passionate lover. Pearl earrings and gem-studded golden necklace made her face glow like a fully bloomed lotus in moonlight. Aura of her radiant beauty had made even the lamps look paler. The ornaments seemed too heavy for her delicate limbs, and redundant too. Yudhishthira felt that those gems had not added anything to her beauty. Rather her own charm was glowing from inside which was much more precious to him than these glitters.

His admiring gaze did not waver from her for a long time. Slightly hesitating, Devika lowered her eyelids. Yudhishthira smiled, and moved closer.

"Won't you speak?" He softly asked.

"What shall I?" She managed to steal a glance at his face.

"Whatever you wish!" He smiled more. "Silence does not suit the brave Princess of Shivi."

"I thought it's the quiet King's turn to speak tonight and not mine." Devika's eyes now shone in slight mischief.

Yudhishthira did not miss the hint. His lips retained that smile. A hundred Kama Devas resided in his lips, Devika felt. The smile on his handsome face was as calm as it could be, but it was able to put fire of passion in her nerves.