Mission Accomplished!

Devika stood speechless in awe

Devika stood speechless in awe. He was much nobler than she had heard, and much more fun-loving than she could ever imagine! Affection filled His large lotus eyes that had won her.

Was not it the same affection she had been seeing in the eyes of Vishnu idol she worshipped? Devika could not differentiate. In a trance only one word came out of her lips. The very same word she used to address Lord Vishnu with, from her childhood.

"Bhrata!"

Krishna's smile widened. Satyabhama giggled, "I must warn you, Devi, this brother of yours will spoil you like anything!"

"I will consider that to be a blessing, Didi!" Devika smiled. "But we should not waste more time! You must start for Dwaraka as soon as possible, before Yuvaraja Rukmi can see you!"

She turned towards the temple. "Come, Rukmini Didi!" called Devika, "No more need to worry! Your husband is waiting to take you with Him!"

Rukmini opened her eyes. She knew she had heard Devika's happy voice, but why did it feel like the idol of Devi Parvati only was talking to her? She stared at the idol in surprise. The Goddess was smiling, while Her eyes looked exactly like Devika's!

Bowing down to the Goddess, Rukmini came out of the temple.

The two lovers stared at each other as if Lakshmi and Narayana had found each other after yugas! Devika felt as if time too had stopped flowing to watch at this beautiful, unique couple!

"So my dear bride and bridegroom, if both of you are done with drinking each other's beauty through your eyes, may I, your charioteer, take you to your home please?"

Satyabhama's voice brought them back to the real world. Before riding on the chariot, Rukmini gave Devika a tight embrace.

"Without your help this could never happen so smoothly, Devi!" she lovingly said, "It seems to me that Mata Parvati Herself has taken form in you to lead me to Him!"

"I did nothing, Didi! Your sincere devotion and prayer only has been responded!" Devika said, "Now go safely with your Lord, may Narayana protect you from all troubles!"
________________________________________

Author's Note: According to Skanda Purana all the Pandavas are Shivanshas, hence all PandavaPatnis have to be Gaurianshas.

Meaning of Sanskrit/Indian words:

Bhrata : Brother

Yuvaraja : Crown Prince