NINETY ONE

TIMING

"We'll now I'm fucking nervous." River stated doing an anxious jog on the spot. She was pacing inside her bedroom with Silas spread into a starfish along her bed, he was kicking his feet in a tube waiting for River to stop being a pussy.

"Go!" He urged, "Quickly!" giving her a warning glare as if to say 'do it now before I practically tickle you until you pee on the stick.'

River defeatedly took herself off to the bathroom and didn't return for another ten minutes and when she did she was just as nervous as before. Waiting for the results made her feel just as sick as the boats ripples had and now she was thinking maybe she was pregnant.

"Okay theoretically, if you are pregnant who's the daddy?" Silas asked he sounded genuinely which made River feel a little offended that she had been with anyone other than JJ in the space of them dating.

"It has to be JJ." She stated plainly her face twisted as she mumbled, "Asshole."

"Hey, I'm just saying I don't know about your slutty activities recently. Who knows what you could have been up to- I'm not judging." Silas chuckled holding his hands up in defence hitting himself up on the bed but continuing to kick his legs, "When did you last- you know?" He asked making a fake grunting sound which made River cringe.

"Like a week ago." River replied dumbly but Silas chuckled and shook his head.

"Honey, you're not a week pregnant." He continued to laugh falling backwards, "That's not going to show on a test, You Idiot, Is that really the closest time since-"

"Yeah, since John B left like 4 weeks ago. Since I became friends with you. Ever since everything fucked up." River sighed, "So I can't be pregnant. That's a relief." She spoke letting go off the tension built up in her chest.

"Kind of boring really, I think I would have been an awesome uncle." Silas bragged holding his head up high which made River jump on top of him to tickle him, "I've missed you, Angelica." he admitted as she collapsed her whole body on top of him, tired of the tickle fight.

"I missed you too." She mumbled realising that if she was going to forgive Silas then that ultimately meant that she should have to forgive JJ for the same reasons. "He didn't deny being in love with Kie." River suddenly blurted laying on her back on the bed with Silas' forearm resting against the base of her neck.

"JJ?" Silas questioned in shock, "Wait. Really?" he questioned turning to look at River as she stared up at the ceiling. She just nodded but didn't say anything. "Did you just ask him straight up."

"Yep." She answered gradually getting angrier inside as she thought about the situation.

"And he didn't automatically say no of course not?" Silas scowled he couldn't ever imagine that JJ would be in love with Kie never mind when he was technically still with River in a twisted way, "Well it's a good job you're not pregnant then." He chuckled.

River suddenly got a wave of sadness fully envelope her and Silas noticed the pooling tears and the way she bit her lip to bite back the sob.

"In some kind of way sitting on the toilet taking that test some part of me really thought that having a baby would be the only way I'd ever have a piece of JJ again." River paused as a tear trailed, "Without Kie."

Silas didn't exactly know what to say about that, he took her into a full bear hug and held her extremely tight so that her shoulders didn't bob as she cried because he knew for her to have those thought she must've been pretty low.

"You're worth more than that." Silas spoke kissing the top of her head gently which made her laugh into another sob.

"What if I'm not?" She questioned her eyes sparkling and Silas had never felt so sorry for her, "I just kept thinking if he could tell me he didn't love her then maybe- just maybe- I could give it another try with him." She wiped away her tears and shook her head knowing she probably looked like an idiot.

"If he likes Kie then it's his loss but i'm not letting you be a second option. As soon as he's sat between two people he's no longer in love with you, don't let yourself be treat like a fool." He ordered, he felt overly passionate about it and he wasn't sure whether it was partly because he felt like he'd let her down so much before with the deal.

"Okay." River nodded wiping her face and standing up to attention, "Now that we know I'm not tied to him with a spawn and he likes somebody else I'm not even going to give him the chance to treat me like shit."

"Good. I'm proud of you, Angelica." Silas smiled standing up and giving her a sarcastic hair ruffle, "Now pack your things we're going to meet Pope's Mee-Maw." Silas spoke.

"What is your deal with Pope. When are you gonna get on that?" River questioned teasingly as she pulled off her shirt and got into a cleaner one, inhaling the smell of it as she pushed it over her head.

"When the times right." He chuckled thinking dreamily of Pope and then snapping his gaze back to River, "We should get going. I'll meet you outside, I gotta pee." he shrugged.

"Don't take too long we're already late." River shouted back as she galloped down the stairs.

wrote by lucidgravity