THIRTY

ALMOST

River sat in the back of the van writing in her book, JJ kept looking over at her with a small smirk. He wanted to know what she was writing this time.

"What?" She mouthed with a childish grin. JJ just winked back at her, causing her to turn bright red.

I held JJ's hand.

She glanced down at JJ's hand and smiled. She was surprised that he didn't pull away when she held his hand.

JJ and I nearly kissed.

She'll admit, she wanted it. She needed him.

"Alright." John B said pulling to a stop, making River quickly shut her book and hide it in her bag. She didn't want the boys or Kie to see what she was writing.

"Hit it boys!"

"We're going." Pope opened the van door.

"Recon mission." JJ said, going to get out of the van.

"Yo, uh, so I think I'm gonna do this one by myself-tonight." John B said, preventing them all from getting out.

"Really?" JJ questioned raising his brows. He was surprised, the five of them did everything together.

"What?" John B questioned, noticing JJ's change in attitude.

"Nothing brother." JJ shook his head dismissively. He didn't want to get into it, if he wanted to do this one alone, then he would.

"Look, I just don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." John B shrugged.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." Kiara said frustratedly.

"Kie were not involving her, okay?" John B threw his head back in annoyance. Kie pursed her lips and raised her brows. "It's just uh, like a business meeting."

River smacked JJ noticing that he was rolling a blunt and making gagging noises. Pope laughed but River grabbed the blunt and threw it outside. "You're disgusting." She said as JJ wrapped his arms around the girl and pulled her into his lap.

"You love me." He whispered placing a light kiss on the top of her head as she laid down on his chest.

"I do." She whispered. She never got a chance to tell him that she really did love him too after he got arrested, and since then, the moment never seemed right. And after a while she just began to over think it. Maybe he didn't really mean he loved her, maybe he just meant it as a friend.

"That was really believable bro." JJ commented after John B had just promised that nothing was happening between him and Sarah Cameron.

"A hundred percent believable." Pope joined in sarcastically.

"A for effort."  River nodded putting up two thumbs sarcastically.

"Anyways, I'm gonna take care of business." John B announced, giving the three a blank look.

"You're gonna take care of it, that business so well." JJ said as he began to trace patterns on River's inner thigh. River's breathe hitched.