TWO

HANGOVER

River was passed out on the couch next to Kie, the party at John B's last night left her absolutely recked. JJ had tried to take care of her, but all she wanted to do was drink. He ended up cutting her off when she couldn't remember her own middle name and took her inside and made her get some rest, which she did quite reluctantly.

"Morning, Kie." John B said as he walked into the living room. His eyes flickered to River, who laid lifelessly.

"Morning." Kie said, looking up from her phone to acknowledge the boy.

"Is she alive?" John B questioned Kie, motioning to River. River just sat up with a loud groan. She ran her hand over her face and sighed.

She felt like shit. Every part of her body ached and as she looked down to her legs, she noticed that she was covered in some rather large and questionable bruises that she didn't remember how they got there.

"Where's JJ?" She questioned angrily. She was going to kill that boy.He had promised to cut her off. To make sure that she didn't drink too much. And considering how she felt, it meant that he neglected to keep his promise

"In there, he has a girl." John B answered, motioning to his dad's old room. "I wouldn't go in if I was you." He attempted to warn the blonde girl, but she ignored him.

River slowly stood up from her spot on the couch and pushed her hair behind her ear. Last night she had slept in one of JJ's tops, and she hadn't even realise until she was heading towards the bedroom in just that. She let a small smile make it's way onto her face.

"Out." River said to the girl, there wasn't any sense of jokiness in her voice, she was completely serious. JJ looked at River in confusion, wondering why she was making the girl leave. "Now." She snapped, once she saw the girl wasn't making a move.

JJ's mouth fell agape and he let out a quiet groan as he flopped backwards on the bed. He ran his hands over his face, River couldn't help but let her eyes flicker over his toned chest.

The girl quickly gathered her things and went to leave the house. She didn't even get a chance too say goodbye or ask JJ to call her some time before River slammed the door in her face.

"Ri, what was all that about?" JJ said as he pulled River onto the bed with him. River quickly turned around and smacked the boy's arms repeatedly.

"I told you not to let me get drunk. Now look at me." River said angrily wincing at her own loud voice because she had a banging headache.

She hated being hungover. She hated feeling nauseous all day or like her head was going to explode. She hated the achy feeling in her limbs. 

"You said to leave you alone." JJ exclaimed, grabbing her wrist gently and pinning them above her head as she laid down on the bed. He hovered over her slightly with a smirk. "I could get used to this." He winked.

River scoffed at his immaturity. "Shut up, JJ. You know what I'm like, I-next time don't listen to me." River said, pulling her hands free from his grasp.

"Okay. Okay." JJ chuckled, he laid back down and pulled the girl into his chest, his arms wrapped around her small waist. He placed a light kiss on her forehead, making her relax into him.

JJ began to trace light patterns on her lower back, causing her to let go of a deep sigh. Her eyes fluttered closed at his gentle touch. It was calming.

"Where are you staying tonight?" She whispered, worried about the boy. His dad hit and beat him so, whenever JJ could he'd stay at John B's and on the odd occasion he stayed at River's.