THIRTY SEVEN

SHOT

JJ was holding onto the rope tightly, he watched as River walked into the Crain house to find the girls, considering they weren't on the porch when they went to look and they weren't in the basement.

He hated the idea of her going off alone in the Crain house. What happened if Mrs Crain found her? What happened if she needed him and he couldn't get to her because he was holding John B.

His thoughts were cut off by a loud piercing scream. River. JJ slipped and accidentally let go of the rope. He wanted to run after River to make sure that she was okay. That she wasn't hurt.

"Shit. John." Pope shouted as JJ gathered the rope again and wrapped it around his waist, trying to regain his balance but she had to push against the wall so that he didn't drop John B any more.

"Jesus." JJ shouted as John B let out a loud yelp. "John B?"

"I told you not to drop me." John B shouted loudly as he clung onto the rope for dear life, not that it'd help if they let go, he'd just fall straight to the bottom.

"You good man?" Pope questioned.

"What the hell was that?" John B asked, he didn't hear River's scream.

"JJ needs to keep focused, there's more important things to worry about." Pope snapped, he didn't mean too, he cared a lot about the blonde but he knew that she'd be okay. She was strong.

"What the fuck is more important than my girl being safe?" JJ shouted angrily. "Fuck this gold. I need her. Not this." He was fuming, if he didn't have a hold of the rope he would have ran off to find her, to make sure that she was okay.

JJ's mind was racing with endless possibilities. What if Mrs Crain had her? What if she had fallen and hurt herself? What if-

"Okay we're gonna start panning you out again alright?" Pope looked back at JJ, who was visibly anxious.

~

River stood up slowly from her crouched position on the floor, Mrs Crain has just walked past her and she couldn't see Kie or Sarah anywhere.

"I can hear you Leon." Mrs Crain grumbled. River's heart was pounding. "I've been waiting all night." She turned around and that's when River saw her eyes. They were misty, and every time something moved, she wasn't able to see it.

She was blind.

"Go." River faintly heard Kie shout.

"Kie. Sarah." River shouted looking  around the dark house for them. She let out another scream once someone grabbed her arms. She let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding once she saw that it was just Sarah.

"Go, Ve, go." Sarah shouted. River furrowed her brows at the nickname but continued running.

River ran all the way back to the basement and turned around to see that Kie and Sarah hadn't followed her. "Kooks man, they're fucking stupid." River shook her head disappointedly.

"Guys? Guys?" She turned around and saw Sarah and Kie, so hoped to God they hadn't heard her.

"What's going on?" Pope questioned, JJ's eyes flickered over River's body. He let out and breath he didn't even know that he was holding once he saw she was okay.

"Ri, are you okay?" JJ opened his arms slightly, River didn't hesitate in wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his chest. She heard the rapid beating of his heart, which seemed to be slowing now that he was holding her. JJ placed a light kiss on the top of her head, before turning to look at Kie and Sarah.