Chapter 48 - Man With A Plan

The atmosphere in Class C was tense.

Their ruler, Kakeru Ryuuen, was sitting on the teacher's desk like it was his own property, and surveyed the class with bored eyes.

Ishizaki Daichi and Albert Yamada stood next to him, behind the podium, while Ibuki Mio stood in one corner of the classroom, rubbing her nails together for satisfaction.

Sakagami-sensei had long left the classroom, and now only an eerie silence remained.

"Quite the predicament we're in, I would say."

Ryuuen Kakeru broke said silence. The entire class was sweating bullets, unable to comprehend where this conversation was even headed.

It had already been made clear that Class C would attack Class D, because their academic abilities are the lowest among the First Years. However, there was futile resistance against this decision, stating the fact that it would be best to leave Class D's eccentric Leader, Keisuke Takeyama, alone.

"Ryuuen-kun, I still think it is best to leave Class D alone," Takeko Nishino spoke up. "I'm not saying this because I'm scared of him. I'm just thinking of what would be the best decision for Class C."

"Hmm? And why do you think so, Takeko?" Ryuuen replied, casually throwing out Nishino's given name. She flinched a bit, but kept her composure.

"It's already been proven twice that Keisuke Takeyama is an extremely dangerous opponent," she said without a hint of fear laced in her voice. "He completely pulled one out of nowhere during the Island Exam. And in the recent Sports Festival, even though they lost their trump card, Ken Sudo, Class D snatched first place in the event. It was because Keisuke Takeyama carried them. Furthermore, I've been in the same group as him during the Zodiac Exam. He may not have done anything drastic then, but we played poker on the last day to while away time. He is excessively shrewd and cunning. Almost like a fox."

Nishino's explanation was solid, without any loopholes.

Ryuuen slowly smiled an evil smile.

"Kuku. I completely agree with you, Takeko."

"Wha.....?"

Takeko Nishino was, for one, completely dumbfounded. The last thing she had expected was for Ryuuen to actually agree to her statements. The class continued to preserve the silence.

"It indeed is true that Takeyama is an extremely enigmatic presence. He singlehandedly catapulted Class D to victory in the Island Exam. I've even heard rumors that none of his classmates know about the strategy he used to win on the Island. Hell, I don't know myself. No one in this goddamn school except him knows."

Ryuuen continued to sing praises of Keisuke Takeyama. Everyone in the class continued to listen to their dictator in silence.

"B-but Ryuuen-san, why do you think so highly of Takeyama?" Ishizaki asked. "I mean, I understand he's smart and stuff, but....."

"Shut up."

Ryuuen slammed his fist against the desk, and even Ishizaki was forced to zip his mouth tight. No one resisted Ryuuen's authority.

"Don't ask me why I think highly of Takeyama, Ishizaki. I think highly of him because he is indeed someone we need to be wary of."

"Then why?" Ibuki Mio finally spoke up from the corner. "Why are we attacking Class D, if we know that there's an extremely high chance of losing?"

"Now you're asking the questions, Ibuki," Ryuuen said with a wide grin, and he got off from the desk. "It's because all his actions are extremely suspicious."