4♦

4

♦𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖊♦

My body vibrates with irritation as the numbers for the floors pass on the elevator screen. 

Ace stayed with Rose in the parking lot. He said he already has come to terms with Isaiah wanting nothing to do with him, and would rather not see him at the moment.

 But I need to hear it from him. 

I knock on the door, harder than I should, but my body is still tense from Rose scaring the shit out of me with that phone call. 

She really needs to stop doing that, my heart can't take it when she's hurting. 

"What? Oh, why hello there." A girl with red hair and a beer bottle in her hand stands in the door way. She started out with an angry tone, but by the end of her sentence she was practically purring.

 I resist the urge to gag as she leans against the door frame in a sultry way. 

I don't know what the fuck Rose did to me, but now when a girl tries to flirt with me my body physically rebukes it. 

"Is Isaiah here?" I question as I look anywhere but at her. 

Stinking Rose and her stupid beautiful self making me feel like a dick if I pay attention to another girl. 

I know it's all in my head though, because Rose would be more upset if I was rude to someone for 'no reason' as she puts it.

 She told me that until I say that 'I'm not interested' in a polite way, then it's rude. 

Got that lecture after I told a girl to piss off after she asked for my number at the grocery store.

 Rose's questioning glare peaked around the corner of the isle where she was supposed to be looking at chips, but ended up spying on me instead. 

I thought girls like it when their boyfriend does stuff like that. But Rose says that if someone is simply expressing interest in you before they know that you aren't interested or taken, that it's mean to react so harshly. 

I followed up with 'what about if they know and continue.' She shrugged her shoulders then said 'punch them in the face then.' 

Needless to say, her words left me in shock. 

'I can't go around punching girls. I'll end up in jail.' The sly smile that spread across her lips had my heart beating unnecessarily fast.

 'That's what you have me for.' Then walks away like she didn't just agree to beat up someone for me, or for her? I don't know, but I fucking love it. 

"Yeah, he's on the couch." She opens the door farther so I can walk past. As soon as I walk into the room I spot Isaiah sprawled out on the couch with a beer in hand. 

When his eyes shift up to me, I see the fear build as he recognizes who came to visit him.

 "Look man. If you're here to beat the shit out of me for making your girl cry, know that it's unwarranted because I'm only doing what you said." He quickly stammers out as he stands. 

"I don't remember telling you to make her cry." I say with clenched teeth. 

"You said to stay away if I'm going to drink, but that's impossible when you guys show up here." His feet shuffle nervously on the ground as he eyes my clenched fist. 

"Why?" I sigh in defeat and unclench my fist, my shoulders sagging. Isaiah was never against alcohol like Ace and I were, but he never had an issue with not drinking around us before.