10❦

10

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

"I don't know, I feel like I might have done something wrong though. He never acts like that." I sigh into the phone.

 Blake's been pretty rude today, I've been thinking all morning about what I could have done but I come up with nothing. When he stormed out of the apartment earlier without saying anything to me, I felt like it had to be something I did. 

"Hmm, well I'm not sure what to say. Do you want me to ask Ace about it?" Bella answered her phone even though she's super busy trying to wrap stuff up so she can fly home sometime soon. 

"No, I might be blowing this out of proportion, I'll try to talk to him when he gets home again." If he is just having a bad day or something I don't want to make it any worse. I don't want to make him get sick of me. 

"Ok, babe. But if you need me to, let me know. Ace is still groveling at my feet from spilling the secret about your gift for Blake. I can get him to do pretty much anything right now I think. Well actually I know, because he said he'd do anything to make it up to me." Bella's laugh sounds tight and unnatural. 

"You two seem to be getting pretty close these days." Oh shoot! I told Blake I would stay out of it.

 "Wait, did I not tell you about the conversation Ace and I had before I left?" Bella gasps. 

"No." I'm pretty sure I would have remembered that. 

"Holy shit, I'm such a bad friend! Sorry, everything's been so hectic lately!" She practically screams into the phone.

 "Bella!" I laugh, "It's fine." 

"Ok, so I'm sure it's probably not a surprise to you that Ace and I have feelings for each other." She starts. 

"Yeah, we'll it's kind of hard not to notice with the way you guys act around each other." Ace is literally the sweetest when it has anything to do with Bella. 

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, I think we were both trying to ignore it. But when he dropped me off at the airport this random guy offered to help me with my bags as I was walking away from Ace's truck. The dude grabbed my luggage even after I declined and before I could even respond Ace was charging out of his truck like a dog chasing a squirrel that's been taunting it all day." 

Bella takes a deep breath then continues, "I was all surprised, one second he was in his truck about to take off, then the next he was creating a wall between me and Mr Stranger danger. Then! Mr Stranger asked if I'm Ace's girlfriend and when Ace couldn't say yes the dude started taunting him about it. Lucky airport security showed up and escorted the guy away, but Ace was still fuming."

 I would expect nothing less honestly.

 "Then as luck would have it I got an update that my flight got delayed an hour, Ace convinced me to get back in his truck so we could go park somewhere and talk before I left."

 Oh my gosh, how did she forget to mention this to me!? "Keep going!" I squeak out in anticipation.

 "Well, basically he said that he likes me a lot. More than he has ever liked a girl before. But he's not ready to date yet. He's still working on a few things personally, and he said he can't justify getting into a relationship before he sorts that out." 

He said he likes her... Ohohoho this is the best freaking day ever! 

"And honestly I kinda feel the same. I've got so much going on right now and trying to balance a boyfriend at the same time would be really stressful. But do you wanna hear the crazy part?"