6❦

6

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

My eyes start to flutter open as I wake up, feeling fully refreshed. Only to see a tiny foot shoved in my face, and drool covering my arm. 

Blake made the living room into a bedroom for the kids. Got them each their own air mattress and blankets in their favorite colors. But when it came time to go to bed they were insistent on sleeping with us.

 Blake gave in faster than I did at the two pouting faces. And when two pouts turned to three, it was impossible for me to say no.

 Now, when I agreed, I thought that they would sleep like civilized people. But that idea was debunked as the kids tossed and turned until they fell asleep. 

Cole ended up using Blake as a pillow, shoving his feet in my face. And Lilly drooled all over my arm. She also somehow overpowered Blake and shoved his leg off the bed so she could stretch out.

 I don't understand how it's comfortable for them, but once they fell asleep they stayed like that the whole night. 

"Good morning." I whisper.

 Blake lays awake, stiff as a board. He's trying not to wake the kids up and he couldn't be cuter. I tried to convince him to let me move Lilly so his legs could be on the bed but he shot that idea down. 

"Good morning." He whispers back. I slide away from Cole's feet and cradle Lilly's head to move it off my arm. Blake's eyes go wide as he watches me, with a look of what I could only describe as mild horror. 

"What?" I laugh quietly at his expression. 

"Can you just move them like that? What if they wake up?" His eyes dart between me and the kids.

 I roll my eyes in response. "Then they'll probably go back to sleep. Look at them, Blake. They're zonked out, probably going to sleep for a few more hours." I say as I gently place Lilly's head down on the pillow I was just using. 

"I'm going to get started on breakfast. Are you going to stay here?" I have to say, Blake laying there with bed head and the two kids I care for most in the world are sprawled out around him, it does something to my heart.

 "No, I'll come with you." He says, but doesn't move a muscle.

 "Ok." I eye him as I move around the bed and head for the door. 

"Wait!" He whisper yells with panicked eyes. 

"What?" I question, hand on the door knob. 

"Can you help me?" His eyes flick from me to Cole's head frantically. 

"Hmmm, I don't know." I shrug my shoulders with a grin that I'm trying, but failing, to contain.

 "When did you become such a smart ass?" He glares and I return it ten fold. 

"Hey! No cussing in front of the kids." I snap. 

"Crap! Sorry!" He stammers out, hand flying to his mouth.

 "Now I really don't know if I should help you or not." I murmur. 

Blake's glare is back, harsher than ever, but his hand stays glued to his mouth so he doesn't mess up again.

 "Ok, ok. I'll help." I giggle as I walk over to the hunk of a man who is helplessly trapped beneath a small child.

 I reach over and lift up Cole's head, then tell Blake to slide out from under him. He does it effortlessly, then slides a pillow into place so I can lay Cole onto it.