24❦

24

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

I'm back on what Blake calls high security protocol now. The only way to calm Blake down was to agree that I won't leave the house without someone with me.

I did consider the possibility of this happening again. I just never would have imagined it would be the first night.

"I'm really worried about this now." I called Bella the first moment I got a chance. Blake wouldn't let me out of sight last night. I was able to sneak away to the bedroom when Ace and Henry came over to talk about the fight tonight.

"Honestly I am too. I'm just not sure how to explain that to Ace without him deciding to quit because of me."

I know he would if she asked, and Blake would if I told him to as well. But that's not who we are. Bella doesn't feel like it's her place as they aren't dating officially. And I don't want Blake to change his life and goals because of me.

He's already given up so much for me, I couldn't possibly ask for more. These fights have been part of the guy's life for years, much longer than Bella and I have been around.

"Yeah, I feel the same. I'll support him in whatever he chooses but I just don't have a good feeling about this year."

When I stepped into the pit last night it didn't feel anything like last year. And if Dean is so worried that he assigned me an actual bodyguard that speaks volumes in and of itself.

"Maybe we can talk to them together next week."

"Like on a video chat or something?" I haven't done one of those before. Blake can probably figure it out though.

"No, in person. I fly home next Thursday."

No way... No freaking way. "For the day?" Please say you're coming home for good.

"Nope. My last day at work here is next Wednesday. So I'm coming home for good."

My cheeks hurt from how big of a smile I have on. I can't believe this is actually happening.

"Oh my gosh! Yes!" I scream, unable to conceal my excitement.

My best friend is coming home! I feel like my heart is about to beat out of my chest. I missed her so much.

"Rose? What happened?" The bedroom door swings open and slams into the wall beside it. Blake's lucky I know how to do drywall. He's horrible about accidentally putting holes in the walls.

"Did you tell Ace?" I whisper into the phone. All three guys stand in the doorway waiting on the answer to Blake's question.

"Yeah, I told him this morning." I can't believe it! "You knew and you didn't tell me!?" Ace looks shocked at my sudden outburst towards him.

Then his eyes widen and his hands are thrown up in surrender. "I was told to keep it a secret." "Keep what a secret?"

Henry is trying to get through the door but it's proving difficult for him to shove either boy out of the way.

"Bella is coming home!" I yell. Her laugh is heard through the speakers and I can't wait until she's right here next to me again. Then I won't be the only girl in a room with three boys. Bella always has my back when the guys are being annoying.

"Bella? Oh yeah, I haven't met her yet." The look on Ace's face turns deadly. It gives me goosebumps and it's not even directed at me.

"Hell no. You stay the fuck away from her." Ace growls. Henry looks like he's about ready to pee his pants.