5❦

5

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

"Do you really have to go?" I pout, but hand over Bella's suitcase anyway. 

"Yes, unfortunately I do." She huffs as she flings the dark green luggage into the back of Ace's truck. 

One of the jobs she works is making her work at a store out of state for a couple weeks. Well ok, maybe not make her. But they offered her a pretty decent chunk of money for it, and Bella said it will actually get her very close to having enough money to buy that land she has been saving for.

 "I'm gonna miss you so much." She reaches out and ruffles my hair causing me to frown.

 Why do people like to do that to me? 

"Do me a favor and keep an eye on my place? My plants would like to be watered every few days, but if you can't do it I'll ask Ace."

 The two of them have gotten pretty close, but according to Bella they are still just friends. 

"I can do it. Your place is like five seconds from my place." I giggle. 

Although I'm tempted to decline, that way Ace has to water the flowers that Bella has accumulated. I can see him hating it, but saying nothing so he doesn't hurt her feelings. He's like that with the people he cares about. 

"You're the best! I hate to ask him to do more for me, he's already taking me to the airport and picking me up when I get back." She hands me a key to the apartment just as the boys come into view.  It's attached to a necklace chain, so I put it around my neck. This way I won't lose it and end up killing her plants while she is away.

"Ready?" Ace asks her and she nods. 

"Ok, let's get this show on the road. Don't want to be late." He sweetly opens the door for Bella to get in the passenger seat. 

I hold my breath as to not create a scene, but inside I'm cooing like an old grandma at how cute they are. 

"You're adorable." Blake laughs from beside me as Ace's truck takes off down the road. 

"Do you think he likes her?" I question, tilting my head slightly to the side so I can look up at him. 

"Yes. But it's none of our business." Blake gives me a stern look. "Ace has had a hard life, sweetheart. The last thing he needs to do is rush into a relationship." Blake grabs my hand, his thumb tracing patterns on the back of it. 

"I wasn't going to do anything." I mumble as I look anywhere but him. 

"But you wanted to." He points out. 

I glare up at him, he knows exactly what I'm thinking way too often. 

"Yeah... but I wasn't going too." I wouldn't want to push anyone into being in a relationship, that doesn't mean I can't root for them though.

⇿♡⇿♡⇿♡⇿♡⇿

I race around the apartment, the excitement running wild inside me. 

Bob and the kids called me, I thought it was just going to be our usual weekly chat.

 The kids will tell me about all the cool stuff they have been experiencing in their new town. Cole would probably just talk about food most of the time and Lilly was supposed to tell me how the tea party went at her new friend's house. 

But to my surprise this was a completely different call. 

The kid's nanny had a family emergency and asked for some time off. And because Bob is so picky with his kids, instead of hiring a temporary babysitter, he asked if I could watch them for a few days.