The Able Sisters-Labelle

Once upon a time in a small town there was a family of hedgehogs. There was a father and mother and three young daughters that went by the name of Sable, Lable and Mable. The parents owned a clothing shop so all three children had been raised to have experience of making clothing. Sable, the eldest, was especially good at sewing but never showed off. She helped her parents make clothes and when her younger sister Mable got frostbite on her paws, Sable made her some warm gloves. One day, the three young girls parents passed away, leaving them all alone. Sable took up the challenge of raising her sisters. All the children were getting along fine until Lable decided that she wanted to go to the city.
"No!" Sable protested. "I absolutely forbid you from going there!"
"Sable! It's my own decision! I'm sick of running this tiny little clothing store! I want to move on to bigger and better things!" Lable shouted.
"Lable you are not leaving!" Sable called. Lable screamed and ran up to her small room. She threw her clothes in a tiny suitcase and climbed out of the window. She ran down the street and came towards a bus stop. The bus arrived and she jumped off to it, glancing once at the passing clothing store that her sisters owned. She sighed on the seat. Finally the bus stopped and Lable climbed out of the bus. She gasped in awe at the beautiful city.
"Now..." Lable sighed. "To find me a job!"
Lable walked towards a fancy shop by the name of Gracie Grace. She tapped on the glass window and a beautiful giraffe wandered towards her.
"Honey can I help you?" She asked.
"I was wondering if you needed help in this store, you see I ran away from my store at home and moved to the city." Lable said.
"Honey. Your not getting a job here looking like that!" Gracie said. Lable looked down at her tattered orange and white plaid apron.
"What's your name honey?" Gracie asked.
"Lable..." Lable trailed off. If Gracie didn't say yes to the job offer, Lable would surely have to go back to her sisters.
"Lable! That name is silly. Let's give you a fancier name...how about...Labelle?" Gracie said.
"Ummmmm ok...so do I have the job!" Labelle asked.
"Ok honey! If you think your up for it. Here, change into these uniforms and don't think that just because you ran away from home that you get special treatment." Gracie said. "Come inside. So there is two apartments upstairs, I stay in one, you can stay on the other."
Labelle smiled at how easy it was and walked up the carpeted steps. She pushed open the door, expecting to see a beautifully decorated room but instead met with a single room with a mouldy bed and a table. Cockroaches scurried across the floor and Labelle grimaced. Was it too late to turn back? If I leave now...my sisters would still be asleep! No. Labelle stay focused. You have a job now. There's no turning back. Labelle thought to herself. She pulled her suitcase inside her room and stared out of her one small window. In the far distance, she could see the faint glow of the nearby village where her sisters lived. She wondered if they had noticed that she was gone...Labelle turned back and quickly dusted and made her bed. She laid down on it and closed her eyes.
The Next Day
"Wake up you lazy thing." Labelle heard Gracie's voice echo from the hallway. "We open in 10 minutes and if your not ready by then...your fired!"
Labelle leapt out of bed and threw on her uniform. She raced down the steps. She stared around the shop at all the beautiful clothing and furniture.
"Smile..." Gracie muttered. Labelle smiled. Suddenly the clock hit 9:00am and the doors opened, spilling in a pile of villagers. They wandered around the store, talking with Gracie and purchasing items.
"Who are you?" A small cat asked.
"I-I'm Labelle..." Labelle said.
"Oh. You look like Mable and Sable?" The girl asked.
"Yeah well I'm not related to them." Labelle snapped.
"Ok! Well I'm Olivia. Come talk to me if you need any help. I live just in the village. Talk to you later!" Olivia said before walking off. Labelle smiled. It had only been a day and she had made her first friend. In your face Sable. Labelle was going to be just fine.

To Be Continued...