PPP-Pete-Part 2

I return back in the bus stop. I had no idea where Pelly had gone but Phyllis was waiting there.
"Wait...where's Pelly?" She asks. I tell her I don't know and she hurriedly calls her. We walk to the Town Hall in the warmth and I hang around.
"Oh...ok good night Pelly..." Phyllis hangs up on the phone and turns to me.
"How could you..." She says in a deathly whisper.
"How could I what!" I put my hands up in defence.
"HOW COULD YOU SAY YOU NEVER WANTED TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!" Phyllis yells. "SHE LOVES YOU!!! SHE LOVES YOU!!!"
At this Phyllis grabs her hand and rips the ring off of her hand.
"Take your stupid ring back...Pellys the one who's always stuck by your side. Whenever I complain about you, she defends you. She's loves you, and you don't deserve her...so leave my alone. Stop talking to me, don't interact with me. Never talk to me again." Phyllis throws the ring on the floor, stomps on it and leaves.
Suddenly the mayor wakes up.
"He he Horf!" He coughs. "Oh Pete, that reminds me. I've decided to retire...there's a tropical island where it's always summer. So, you three, Pelly, Phyllis and you have to find work elsewhere. You finish this Friday. So you have today and tomorrow to find a new job and then you have to leave. I nod my head and exit the Town Hall.
I felt bad...awful for saying those things to Pelly. Maybe...just maybe I did have some feelings for her....awwwww who am I kidding...I loved Phyllis...but she would never love me.

My sister liked Pelly though...

I was so confused, I loved Phyllis with all my heart...but Pelly loved me.
I flew back to my house before lying on my couch. I picked up the photo of mayor tortimer, Pelly, Phyllis, and I. Tortimer insisted that we had a work photo. I stared at Phyllis's face. She didn't smile, she never smiled. A heart was drawn around her. Suddenly, tears spilled out of my eyes. I had been so cruel, mean, heartless.

The rumours flooding around town the next day was awful.
The rumours of Phyllis kissing me, rumours of Pelly having a mental breakdown and trying to punch me were also there. Pelly had lost it too, bulletin board messages were written as a soliloquy. There was no name, but I knew it was Pelly that wrote it.

Phyllis and Pelly had found a job working in a small town called New Leaf town at the post office in Main Street. I had also been offered a job there as a mail man. My house was sold and I made my way over there.