PPP-Phyllis-Part 3

"I'm not taking anymore money..." I say to Harriet, pushing the money bag away from me.
"Please sugar! I insist." Harriet whimpers.
"No! You earned the money fair and square...I will not take it." I smile. "Besides, Tortimer paid Pelly and I before he left. Lucky guy, he gets to spend the rest of his days on a forever summer island!"
"Haha, yes he is the lucky fellow isn't he." Harriet laughed. All of our stuff was packed for our new adventure, Pelly had completed the Lovely series and i the regal series but due to having a small room, we couldn't fit it all.
I shouldn't complain though...Harriet gave us a home.
"Are you coming?" I ask. Due to bankruptcy, as the mayor took the remaining funds to travel to the island, the town had to close the majority of its stores. Able Sisters, the town hall and the department store were all being closed down and relocating. Most of the villagers were moving out today, and we had about 10 minutes until Tommy and Timmy locked the store up for good.
"Haha, no sugar. I'm going to do some travelling and then, who knows! I may just move in!" Harriet winks.
Pelly, Harriet and I carry our boxes over to the bus stop to see flocks of people waiting there. The bus finally pulls in and everyone scrambles to find a seat. I wave to Harriet from the window and she smiles and waves back.
After the long bus ride, we stop at a train station. The snow was beginning to fall fast and it was getting late. Pelly shivers and I hug her. The train station had no back wall or doors...along with no heaters.
Finally the train pulls in, and everyone rushes to get on. It was warm on the train though and I sigh.
I hear a screech and Pelly shakes me.
"You fell asleep!" She whispers. I feel my face flush and I gather up our suitcases and boxes and get off the train. A welcome party is ready and a young yellow dog shakes hands with each of us, before handing a small card labelled, 'TPC' (Town Pass Card).
"You must be Phyllis and Pelly right!" She smiles. "I'm Isabelle! I'm the mayors assistant...when the mayor arrives...heh. I'm sure they will come soon though..."
"I'm sure they'll turn up." Pelly smiles. She nods her head gratefully before pulling out a small map.
"Ok, you two are working on Main Street, which is just over the train tracks and up those stone steps." Isabelle nods over behind us. "You will be staying in a store above Nooks Homes. You can access the door to your apartment by a back door in the post office! Ok! I think that's everything! If you have any questions or complaints, feel free to talk to me! I'm just in the Town Hall! See you later!"
With that, Isabelle left. Pelly and I lug our baggage over the train tracks and up the stairs. We emerged in a beautiful street with different shops.
Well, most of them were closed but it had potential!
We spot a wooden building with a red roof and head inside. A counter stood by the entrance and I walked out back. Filing cabinets sat there with names of residents. A mail bag sat by the desk. Pelly and I walk through the back door and enter a small garden. Pretty flowers sat there and lead to another door. I push open the door and come across a door going straight ahead with a sign reading, 'Tom Nooks Room', and some stairs.
I raced up the stairs and came across two doors. One was labelled, 'Phyllis's Room'. I take a deep breath and cautiously opened the door. I don't know what I was scared of, it was a door?
It was beautiful. The space was bigger than our old room, not that I'm complaining. A small kitchen sat in the corner and a bathroom opposite that, with a bedroom next to the bathroom. I start opening my box and placing my regal furniture. My bedroom looked gorgeous and I had a fridge and stove supplied. I put some pears that I snuck out of my old town in the fridge and started setting up the lounge. I had a flat screen TV. I smile and slowly close my door on the way out.
"You like it?" A voice asks from behind me. I jump and spin round. A brown raccoon wearing a bright green sweater stands behind me.
"I-it's gorgeous!" I smile.
"Good...that'll be 5,000,000 bells..." Tom says seriously. My mouth flies open.
"I-I can't afford that! I barely have any money! What am I gonna do! Im screwed!" I panic.
"Haha, only joking, yes, yes. I'm Tom Nook. I run the store 'Nooks Homes' just downstairs. You and your sisters apartment was paid in full. I mean, you would've had to pay but it was already paid by someone." Tom says, looking down at a piece of paper.
"Oh, well, I thank that kind person." I smile. Pelly emerges from her room, looking very excited.
"Well...when do we start working!" Pelly laughs. I giggle.
"Tomorrow. Residents are still moving in and the mayor hasn't arrived yet so there's no need to hurry. You can start whenever you'd like though. I'd suggest organising all the files, a lot of them are outdated...and messy." Tom nods knowingly. I glance at Pelly who smirks.
"Thank you, we'll keep that in mind." I smile. "You must be very busy with all these new residents so I don't want to keep you too long."
Tom puffs out his chest and beams proudly. "Why, yes I do have a very hard and stressful job...but, it's no match for a man like me. You see, I've had excellent experience-"
"Thank you Tom!" I call as I tug Pelly away from him. "We'll chat soon!"
We rush down the stairs and out through the post office.
"Phew!" I sigh. "I thought we could never get away from him!"
"The Able Sisters are here! We should go and say hi!" I pull Pelly over to the store and we walk in to see a massive store set up beautifully.

"Phyllis!" Sable calls up from her sewing machine. We hug each other and chat about our life. Hours go past and I talk to Labelle, their other sister about her old job. Eventually the store closes for the day and Sable invites round the back of the store to their home. It was nicely set up and Sable made us some tea.

"But yeah, Im really enjoying this town so far!" Mable giggles. I smile and glance over at the clock. 11:30.

"Well, look at the time. Its been fun ladies. We should hang out soon!" I call. We bid farewell ad Pelly and I head back to our apartment. I head round the little garden and open the door, entering the hallway. A brown fuzzy ball sits sobbing in the corner.

"Tom...?" I ask. "Pelly, bed now."

'But im old enough!" She whines. I spin round.

"Bed. Now.' I say in a dangerous whisper. She understands and dashes up the stairs to her room.

"Tom...what happened!" I sit beside him.

"Sable!" He looks up at me, and it was clear he hadn't slept for ages. Weird...he looked fine his morning.

"No...this is Phyllis. I can take you to her...if you want?" I ask kindly, my breath was shaky and Tom started crying worse.

"No!" he yells and I wince and fall backwards. "No...I-I need to go. Phyllis..."

I nod silently. Tom stands up.

'Don't...please, tell anyone about this...please!" Tom pleads. I stare at him, he reaches into his pocket and removes a bag of 99,000 bells.

"Take it please..." he cries.

"No." I say and desperately try to shove the money back.

"I don't want it! Take it or im throwing it into the river....its dirty money. " And with that, Tom runs off into his room.