PPP-Pete-Part 3

Tears ran down my face as I stared at the work photo taken a couple of years ago by the mayor. Everyone was happy then...even Phyllis was cracking a smile. Sigh...why was this so hard! This was the most complicated love triangle in the whole village! (Pretty sure it's the only one but still...)
I hear a knock at the door and open it to see the mayors back. She was hurriedly wiping her eyes. I gasp and shut the door quickly. I didn't want to see her.
"P-Pete?" She snivelled. "I know your in there!"
Her pink hair tied up in a ponytail waved softly in the breeze and her brown eyes were staring through the peep hole which I was sneaking looks through.
"Pete! Please!" She yells, panicked. "We need to talk about...about that night..."
I rip open the door and glare at her. She jumps in fright.
"Nothing! Nothing happened that night!" I yell. "We kissed! That's it!!!"
"I-I thought it was more than-" she starts.
"No! Evelyn! It wasn't. I don't love you, I love someone else..." I watch as her eyes well up with tears. "No, Evelyn! I didn't mean it like that!"
"Shut up! Just shut up! Fine! I obviously don't mean anything to you!" She screams while throwing on a wetsuit. "Bye Pete! Don't expect to see me when you deliver my mail!"
Evelyn dives into the colossal waves below, her head disappearing for a brief moment before appearing again and swimming away. I sigh and sit down on my front porch. I had never been a social person, never got the girl or had the best of luck. So why couldn't I just do my job in peace! I lived on a cliff overlooking the ocean and the far away town. I lie on the couch.
Well, it wasn't the best life, but I was thankful.
You never know? Phyllis may change her mind...

(Authors note:)
Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in ageeeeeeesssss. Definitely will try to update more frequently now! Leave a comment on what characters you would like me to write about and if you want to be included with them! Fill in the form below!
Name:
Age: (e.g. Teen, child, adult, elder)
Relationships: (e.g. None, romance, friendship, relative) (Please keep in mind that I may alter these if they do not fit in with my plot)
Outfit:
Personality:
Who you want to see me write about next:

Thanks guys! Remember, your votes and comments keep me motivated to keep writing! Thanks so much and I wouldn't have got this far without you guys!