60

Jay's POV

I looked through the glass and saw mom sitting on the swivel chair inside her office. I knocked twice and went inside.

"Is this about what happened last time, mom?" I asked before settling myself on the couch.

She responded with a small smile. "Me and your dad talked about that last night and we decided to tell you what really happened. What happened when you got kidnapped, Jay"

I simply nodded.

"We were in a mall that time and suddenly you got separated from us without our notice. We searched the whole mall just to find you, checked all the CCTVs and there we saw a van then left in a blink of an eye" Mom stated.

I don't know how to even react to that. "How did I get back? How about the suspects?" I asked.

"They asked for money, silently left with it and policemen found you in an abandoned warehouse. We didn't get to see the faces of those kidnappers that's why police failed to look for them, but we also decided not to continue the case at that time because there's a lot of interrogations that were given to you to arrest those kidnappers and your doctor told us that it's affecting you and triggers your phobia" Mom explained. "You see those scars on your hand? That wasn't because of your violent reactions when your nyctophobia attacks, that was actually a scar you got from being tied tightly while you were kidnapped"

Maybe that's the reason why I don't remember hurting myself to get this scar and it turns out that it wasn't true.

"We didn't intend to lie to you and keep this from you for so long, Jay. We're just worried that it may affect you again from the way you interact with others and worsen your phobia. We're very sorry, Jay" Mom added.

"I understand, mom. Thank you for clearing things for me" I said and smiled.

Mom reached for my cheeks and caressed it. "Thank you for understanding us. We decided to continue looking for the suspect behind this"

"As much as I want to help, I really don't remember the faces of those kidnappers until now" I said.